Texas Clipper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

freedvr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It has been a crazy year on the Clipper so far. This video was shot June 6 and water was calm and blue. This last w/e water was cloudy on Saturday the 13th and clear on Sunday, but both days saw ripping currents. I have not had a chance to do much exploring yet this season, but viz wise, it is shaping up to be a very good year. We'll see though. The Gulf is always proving just how little I really know.

clipper vid

Great video, freedvr. Sure wish I could get out to the Clipper this summer, but that will be iffy at best. Thanks for providing some shots of what I'm missing!

Great Video! The viz was much better for you than when I got to dive the Clipper.

Thanks for the Post.

Wow, the gulf really has been quite unpredictable this summer...
I've experienced unusually strong currents and poor vis on my last two trips in the gulf... once to the Clipper and last weekend the Flower Gardens.

Hope it's not ME! :confused:

Its not just you. Current was ripping last week. We couldn't even jump in to tie off, current would just sweep us off. I'm hopeful that this blue water we have in will stick around though. Will be a good year to get the hang of this video thing if it does. :wink: Really frustrating to go out one day and have gorgeous water and then jump in the next and almost be swept to Mexico though.

Back
Top Bottom