TG-5 Housing with UWL-04 Fisheye Lens - Need help with alignment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dleewo

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just got the UWL-04 fisheye lens today and was trying it on my TG-5 housing.

I believe that when screwed on, the long petals need to be on the top and bottom, but when I screw it on, it ends up being almost to the sides. It's not even directly to the sides, sort of askew.

Is there a trick to getting the lens screwed on so that the long petals are aligned with the top and bottom?

I see where I can take the petals off and rotate it, but based on where it ends up when tightened, it wouldn't work.

I can loosen the lens so that the petals are top and and bottom, but then it's all shaky and I'm afraid it will come off completely.

I got it from Backscatter back in early July. Is it not in stock anymore?

I guess they ran out. I've been waiting for one to come in. Since my CC was charged today for it I suspect it is on the way to me. Bonaire trip in 8 days so I'm getting anxious.

The UWL-04 should have four small hex screws that hold the hood in place. After you screw the lens onto the housing, loosen those and turn the hood to the proper alignment then tighten the four screws back.

The UWL-04 should have four small hex screws that hold the hood in place. After you screw the lens onto the housing, loosen those and turn the hood to the proper alignment then tighten the four screws back.

Thanks. This worked.

When I first saw the screws, I thought they went into specific holes and I thus I didn't see how it would help with the adjustment, but I did as you suggested, I was able to rotate the hood and now it's aligned properly. It stays aligned even after remove the lens and screwing it back on

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom