Thank you Dive Rite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I bought a Nitek Q last August and had about 150 saltwater dives on it. At the end of a dive series in Florida, the computer went to sleep and I could not wake it up. I sent it to Dive Rite for warranty service. They fixed it the day they got and shipped it back to me, one week. There was no cost to me.

Turns out the magnets on the button switches were prone to corrosion in salt water. They replaced the buttons with a new design that is coated to resist corrosion and suggested overnight soaking in fresh water after each day of use. I had soaked it after every day of use but only or 10-15 minutes.

I'm perfectly happy with the timely service from Dive Rite. I'm hoping this is the last problem I have.

I don't own a ton of Dive Rite gear, but the stuff I do have has always been excellent, and their service is as good as Shearwaters!

By far the best manufacturer I've had the pleasure to deal with! I DO own a lot of DR gear and that's the reason!

And they are nice people to hang with on dive trips.

Always check to see if there are posts on equipment I use. What year was your Nitek Q produced?

Were the upgraded magnets an overall product upgrade or just a means of solving occasional problems with these computers?

Would rinsing the computer with diluted white vinegar, then fresh water, help with getting corrosion causing salts out of the switch assembly?

Really like this computer. Easy to adjust and read, especially at night. Only drawback is that it will store only 10 dives in its log.

Always check to see if there are posts on equipment I use. What year was your Nitek Q produced?

Were the upgraded magnets an overall product upgrade or just a means of solving occasional problems with these computers?

Would rinsing the computer with diluted white vinegar, then fresh water, help with getting corrosion causing salts out of the switch assembly?

Really like this computer. Easy to adjust and read, especially at night. Only drawback is that it will store only 10 dives in its log.
Hi @gert7to3

I bought the computer in early August 2016 from DGX, don't know when it was produced. Dive Rite told me they were aware of the problem and changed the magnet coating in response, don't know when this was implemented. They suggested fresh water rinse overnight, can't help you with your acetic acid question. I would suggest contacting Dive Rite, they were very helpful in my case

Back
Top Bottom