Thank you Martin at Rescuean!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

denisegg

Indescribable!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Many of you have made offers of help and support since my Incident at Jackson Blue and I'm very thankful for all the thoughts, prayers, and kinds words.

But I'd like to send out a very special thank you to our very own Scubaboard user [user]mkrescuean[/user]: Martin - at Rescuean.com. After reading that I wanted to return to diving as soon as possible and that several people had noted the importance of emergency O2 and suggested their product, Martin reached out to me via PM.

Knowing that confidence is a major factor in getting back in the water, he made a very touching offer to send me one of their units free of charge! I gratefully accepted his gracious offer and I intend to do a product review and post it here as soon as I'm able to.

Martin also included a bit of information and history on the unit and I want to share that all of you, as well as some of the information that was provided in the incident thread.
The pod was conceived in 2005/6 and launched at the UK Birmingham Dive Show in November 2007.

It will connect directly to any LP hose on a Nitrox cylinder with any O2 mix. It basically allows a constant flow of the low pressure Nitrox mix at either 15LMP or 25LPM. A pocket (oral/nasal) mask or manual resuscitator (for non-responsive patients) or a non-rebreather mask (for responsive patients) can be fitted to the pod’s outlet.

Many boat and RIB Skippers have one onboard as it can be on display and setup for use – even in salt water. For cave divers, the major benefit is that it can be carried underwater and, providing there is an area above the water line within the cave system, with a nitrox cylinder - it can be rapidly deployed, if needed. After a dive, all it needs is a rinse in fresh, clean water and to be ‘blown through’ via a LP hose - before storing for its next outing.
This is a product developed for divers, by divers and I hope that anyone considering some sort of supplemental O2 will keep this company in mind.

Martin, thank you again for the kind words and the gracious offer!

-Denise

wpe7be1fe3.png

Martin, you rock!!! Thanks!

Thank you Jax!!! You Rock!!!

May God bless all the efforts to get me back in the water. It is a passion that words cannot describe...only the heart can feel....

Martin, My thanks also. Good work, and lets hope we will soon see a healthy Denise in the water soon.

Thanks Martin , for helping her to get back to the water ASAP!!! She truly is, A ONE OF A KIND!!!

An update from my pulmonary doctor. He found nothing that caused my incident and has no idea why it happened. He does not need to see me anymore.
It makes having the pod even more comforting. Because they have no clue why it happened, they have no clue how to prevent it. Something like this device might save a life if it ever happens again, mine or a fellow diver.

Saving just one life would make the many 'ups and downs' of bringing a new safety aid to an established sport so worthwhile...

For our part, we never want to hear it has been needed but if it was and made all the difference - then that would be fantastic...

I received my pod today!! Thanks so much Martin!!

002_01.jpg

017-1.jpg

The website for the pod states that:

"... but we are also taught that other appropriate and effective emergency treatment such as rescue breaths, the use of a regulator to supply nitrox to a responsive patient, CPR, etc., is invaluable and can greatly benefit a patient, maybe even save their life ..."

I would be very interested in any references that might be available concerning the claim that: "the use of a regulator to supply nitrox to a responsive patient is invaluable and can greatly benefit a patient"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom