Thank you Martin at Rescuean!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John, I think my perspective has been documented. In summary:

1. There are divers who carry O2 to a dive site for CCR, or as a decompression gas. This unit could be valuable in providing emergency O2 to a victim.

2. For divers who use Air or Enriched-Air Nitrox (the vast majority of the diving public), this unit wouldn't provide what is recommended for the treatment of a diving injury (100% O2). Some Enriched-Air Nitrox divers may elect to carry this device rather than an emergency O2 system. This will deliver an 11% increase (using Nitrox32) over air which may be beneficial.

3. Divers using air would have no advantage in using this device unless an external source of Enriched-Air Nitrox or O2 could be located quickly.

4. The hyperbaric medical community, DAN and every diver certification agency in the world (and the manufacturer of this device) recommends 100% O2 for the treatment of a hyperbaric injury.

5. It's up to the individual diver to select emergency equipment that they wish to purchase. There are a number of choices.

6. Regardless of the delivery system that is chosen, the most important factor is the availability of 100% O2. Hopefully, Divers will weight this carefully in the selection of their emergency equipment.

I got to show off my pod today on my first dives since my incident July 4th. I showed it to my dive buddies and showed them how to use it and left it hooked up and ready to go during our dives. Thankfully, all went well and we had two great shore dives and didn't need it. :)
I tested it before I left home and hooked it to my 02 bottle through the LP hose. It worked great. When you turn your tank on and the pod is set to 0 it is off. You twist the pod to flow at either 15L or 25L. It worked awesome. The positive pressure flow is quite impressive. Here is a pic with it turn to 25 and as you can see it inflated the mask and bag.

002.jpg

Great to see it hooked up. Of course we can't carry )2 when we fly so having something like that as back up makes sense to me... now I gotta break it to fish I want more dive gear! :fear:

Thank you! I am glad to show how it works! I am not in the medical profession so I don't know the technicalities but I do know when I turned my 02 bottle on and set the pod to flow at 0, then 15, then 25, I most assuredly wished I had had this set up when I had my incident!

Great thread, except for all the bitching.
It has certainly given food for thought on extra safety equipment one could be carrying.

Back
Top Bottom