Thanks Bluewater Divers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OneBrightGator

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Had the great pleasure of diving with Brent and Capt. Glen of Bluewater Divers this weekend. We had a last minute change of plans which sent me scrambling for some diving with just a few days to go. Talked with Brent on the phone and he hooked us up with a double dip on the Duane Friday and a double on the Spiegel Grove on Saturday.

My two buddies and I were the only one's on the boat Friday and Brent and Glen gave us almost total freedom to dive how we wanted to. They hot-dropped us on the bow mooring line, we swam around the superstructure, hopped back past the stack to the crowsnest and drifted to the stern mooring line where Brent and Glen were waiting for us. Second dive was pretty much a copy of the first.

We had a full boat on saturday, a couple who were being guided by Brent, a couple who were diving on thier own, but my buddy and I were the only ones diving nitrox. We moored up an amidships mooring line and immediately opened the pool for my buddy and I early in the briefing. This left us with a nice nitrox dive, but didn't really hold up the air divers since Brent gave them a full briefing. We did a few swimthroughs on our first dive, then went up under the well deck and came back out to the cranes before ascending. On our second dive we spent most of it inside, including dropping down into the hold with the anchor winch, which was very cool.

All in all it was a great weekend. The staff at Bluewater were always professional, even through a couple trying situations and managed to give everyone onboard the trip they were expecting, even though we all had different expectations. I'd recommend them to anyone looking to dive Key Largo.

Glad it worked out.... I ran into Brent Sunday on the grove as well... I saw a trimmed out diver frog kicking ahead of his crew and thought for sure it was going to be you Ben..., After catching up, alas, it was a much older gent...

-Tim

I wish, but it's a long ride back to St. Augustine, so we were probably well on our way when you saw that diver. Another time, for sure.

BlueWater Divers are the best, that's who we dive with every time we are down in Key Largo. Sounds like some great dives!

Brent and Glen run a first class operation and are always my favorite dive op in Key Largo. They know the conditions, know where to go, and can quickly size up a diver for his ability and set up a first class dive. Put us on the reef during the ITK's dives, right over a large school of silver sides, so we could watch the big guys dive in to feed. I swear I hung there for most of an hour, watching the big groupers move through the school trying to get some lunch. Very cool! Great dive-op! I don't get down there nearly often enough....

Tractor Tom in Okeechobee

Dove with them during the Invasion and they were great!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom