Thanks LadyDiver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Baddoger

Reaction score
Thank LadyDiver for all of your help. I was not planing of just doing this all at once i know that it took some time and effort to get a wreck card. I heard that u can go to your local scuba place and they can bring you to a local pool for free. Is that true? Thanks for the help that you have gaven me and any other help that you can give me!

Hi Ryan,

When you get your certification, you have a certain number of hours in what they call a "closed" environment. This is usually a local pool. During these sessions, you get to practice all the skill you need to master in order to get your certification. They do this so you can practice in a controlled envirionment before they put you out in the ocean to try things out.

All the skills you learn in the pool, you will have to do when you do your ocean dives. Basically, this is to show that you can keep you wits about you in an open water environment and not forget to focus.

It can sound a bit overwhelming, but if you listen to your instructor and ask questions if you don't understand or if you need help, you will be just fine. Don't be afraid to ask. I always try to keep in mind that if I am wondering about something, there is bound to be at least one other person in the group who is wondering about the same thing and is just to afraid to ask. Everyone can learn from the questions other ask. So ASK, ASK, ASK!

=)

Cheers,

Ryan,

By the way, Ocean Enterprises is where LadyDiver was certified, hehe.

=-)

good sound advice . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom