That "floating away" feeling.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah...I went to the head after I got back to shore from a dive where we had 3-5ft seas. It felt like I was still on the boat and I ended up pissing all over the seat...

Sometimes after I've done a few dives at the quarry and I'm driving home, I get this euphoric feeling... sort of like my senses are heightened... colors are brighter, I feel happier, peaceful, the drive home in traffic is enjoyable.

Maybe that's the endorphins from doing something fun? :)

I took a long train trip once and for a couple days after, while standing still, it felt as if the ground was moving beneath my feet as if I was still on the train. I've also felt milder cases after boat travel.

Gene_Hobbs:
Mal de debarquement Syndrome or [SIZE=-1]disembarkment sickness.[/SIZE]

Thanks, Gene.
Yeah...maybe I should learn to enjoy it a bit more. But, when it lasts for hours, as Steve_Dives said, it becomes too much.
It's definitely not from drinking - I haven't had one since Oct. 2005...maybe it's the "not enough" option. :)
On the plus side, I do get that euphoric feeling after diving. I think that the two are linked, but too much sloshiness is not a good thing for me.

I get this sensation after a good day of boat diving, too. Like other posters, I also enjoy it.

My cure is simple. Get back on the boat and go diving again.

Mountain Dog

I loved that floating away feeling!

Unfortunately, I never got it again after my first week in Hawaii several years ago when I snorkeled for the first time ever. It was so nice, night after night to have that feeling.

I was really looking forward to having that feeling back when I took up scuba diving, but it didn’t happen. Sighs.

You all are so lucky to still be experiencing that feeling!

Back
Top Bottom