the 1000$ question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gabriel90512

Reaction score
ok so .. im tired of missing out on 6 months of diving each yeah and i want to get a dry suit .. i have 1000$ to spend i went to mass diving and was looking at a nice suit but i dont have the 1500$ for the DUI 920 i think it was ...

any one have a dry suite they just LOVE and was around 1000$ ?

Thanks

Gabe :confused:

ok so .. im tired of missing out on 6 months of diving each yeah and i want to get a dry suit .. i have 1000$ to spend i went to mass diving and was looking at a nice suit but i dont have the 1500$ for the DUI 920 (i think it was ... )

anyone have a dry suite they just LOVE and was around 1000$ ?

Thanks

Gabe :confused:

I think a used DUI is better than most other new drysuits. I have a CF200 I got on Craigslist for $850 and my wife dives a 50/50 she got on e-bay for $1100. You need to be carful about fit when buying used, but with a little research and care, we found great fitting used suits in our price range that are of the best quality.

Just my .02psi.

Take care,
John

Bare Next Gen

yup, I don't dive one, but Bare has the best bang for the buck by far.I use a DUI but there are NO deals there!!

With the VAST size charts Bare offers, it's pretty hard to pass them by for the money. They pride themselves in being able to get a great fit on about any body type. They are definately worth a look.

I got a good deal at PG on a lightly used suit (Bare). You might want to give them a call. I found MD's prices quite inflated (about six months ago I could get the same DR suit for hundreds cheaper from DR Express than MD, which doesn't make any sense). Really, your best bet is going to be finding a used suit. $1000 doesn't go too far for a new DS (esp with undergarment and hood, which you'll need as well), though not to say you can't find new suits for that price.

Rainer:
I found MD's prices quite inflated
Ditto that... I haven't been back there since I was shopping for a simple waterproof watch and Mark tried to upsell me a $500 dive computer. Thanks, but when I specifically ask for something, don't tell me I want something else and then try to overcharge me for it.

PG Dive gave me a great service (free drysuit class, plus a loaner suit while mine was being tailored, and again when I had the zipper repaired) and a fair price for my Bare ATR-HD trilam. I think South Shore Divers in Weymouth carries a good selection of drysuits too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom