The all-inclusive IRIS software/interface trouble shooting note

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Erik Il Rosso once bubbled...

P.S. I am tempted to return this wrist pc and buy the Oceanic VT-100...
Well, the fact that a USB cable was (soon to be at the time) available from Oceanic for my VT Pro was certainly a plus when I bought it.

Much nicer to deal with USB than with serial - notwithstanding the fact that I have 6 USB ports and only 1 serial.

I believe that a fair amount of the Oceanic dive computers use this same interface and would therefore have a USB cable option(Versa Pro, VT Pro). I'm not sure about the Veo100 or 200...

I'd suggest the Veo200 BTW. No sense buying a computer that won't do nitrox (even if you are ABSOLUTELY certain you'll never dive nitrox - sooner or later you'll want to :)).

I have a new Dacor Darwin computer, and anticipated getting the IRIS. Yesterday at work, I downloaded the software (T1 Line), and burned it to a cd. I downloaded it to my home PC and when I tried to open it, it told me the files were corrupt. That doesn't give me confidence it the product.

:upset:

_Kurt_ once bubbled...
I have a new Dacor Darwin computer, and anticipated getting the IRIS. Yesterday at work, I downloaded the software (T1 Line), and burned it to a cd. I downloaded it to my home PC and when I tried to open it, it told me the files were corrupt. That doesn't give me confidence it the product.
:upset:
Where did you download from? I just pulled down the IRIS stuff off Mares, and it's fine (unrar menus are in Italian, but's it's okay).

I'd be downright amazed if the software is corrupted from the download site.

Yes, I did download it from the Mares site. I'll try downloading it again and see what happens.=-)

:m16:

Can anybody tell me the proper position for the IRIS downloader on the MC1 dive computer. I've been having so many problems with this thing. I can't get it to download. It will start than give me an error message. Saying I need to check the connection or the way the computer and the downloader are lined up. I swear I've tried every position imaginable, & I can't figure it out. MARES is no help. I don't know what to do. Any suggestions. Thank you in advance.

I eventually gave up and sent the Interface back to where I got it from. The Iris interface is a POS.

Sorry to break that to you, but I suspect you've already figured that out.

First off, the IRIS interface in not a POS, but the instruction manual is! They really need to work on that.

Make sure you computer Date Format is correct. Yes you read right, the Date Format. If it is not set to the international format, the interface software will not work. You will find the format in your "Regional and Language Options" in the "Control Panel". It should be set to MM/DD/YYYY.

Reboot after setting the Date format if it does not ask you too.

Secondly, lining up the M1.

If you look under you M1, you will notice two oblong holes in the back strap. Now look at the underside of the IRIS interface, you will see on the underside opposite from the computer connector, a small clear window with two small bumps. Line them up, thats it.

Make sure the M1 is in PC Mode, and that the software is in upload mode, and you should be in business.

PT40 - been there, done that, 14 ways to oblivion... I still maintain it's a giant steaming turd. I loath that interface with a white hot hatred which burns deep inside me. I hope it rots in crapville with all the other steaming turds that Mares produced with it.

LOL, No really, just how do you feel.

pt40fathoms:
First off, the IRIS interface in not a POS, but the instruction manual is! They really need to work on that.

Make sure you computer Date Format is correct. Yes you read right, the Date Format. If it is not set to the international format, the interface software will not work. You will find the format in your "Regional and Language Options" in the "Control Panel". It should be set to MM/DD/YYYY.

Reboot after setting the Date format if it does not ask you too.

Secondly, lining up the M1.

If you look under you M1, you will notice two oblong holes in the back strap. Now look at the underside of the IRIS interface, you will see on the underside opposite from the computer connector, a small clear window with two small bumps. Line them up, thats it.

Make sure the M1 is in PC Mode, and that the software is in upload mode, and you should be in business.
I have tried what you suggested, no luck! any other suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom