The all-inclusive IRIS software/interface trouble shooting note

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My views on the Mares Iris are well documented. I hope it rots in stupid crap computer hell. (Nothing ill towards you DD104.)

What a stupid POS. I would get it to work, then not change anything, and next time, nope. Zilch, nada. It's horrible.

Double A:
:m16:

Can anybody tell me the proper position for the IRIS downloader on the MC1 dive computer. I've been having so many problems with this thing. I can't get it to download. It will start than give me an error message. Saying I need to check the connection or the way the computer and the downloader are lined up. I swear I've tried every position imaginable, & I can't figure it out. MARES is no help. I don't know what to do. Any suggestions. Thank you in advance.

I tested 2 different Dacor Darwin and 3 different IRIS intefaces on 3 different pcs using various OSs...

Changed cables, pc configuration, contacted the programmer in Italy and everything else I could think of...

In the end, it does not work correctly...

I returned the Dacor Darwin and the IRIS inteface to the LDS and bought a Suunto Vyper from them and a nice interface from Jamiei here on Scuba Board...

I am a happy computerized diver now... :wink:

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

hello y'all!
I have been reading a lot of comments on here about how the IRIS is a POS... I've gotten mine installed, logbook uploaded, etc just fine. BUT.... I can't get it to give me a dive profile graph. it will let me edit everything else: name, buddy, all that good stuff. but when i go to "graph of current dive" it gives me a big blank blue screen. argh! anyone got any suggestions??
thanks in advance
Taryn

Does anybody know if i use a serial to usb adaptor,it will make the iris work coz i cant get the stupidthing to work either ??????

Deano

deanofire:
Does anybody know if i use a serial to usb adaptor,it will make the iris work coz i cant get the stupidthing to work either ??????

Deano

No. The software will only operate with the infrared unit connected to com ports, and has not been updated to utilize USB ports. My guess is the software is written to work with the IRIS interface exclusively, and if USB support was added, than most other infrared interfaced could be used. This is most likely why the software is free.

The IRIS is very picky about its orientation to the dive computer, try various positions. Secondly, the IRIS seems to reject com ports that are not set to "standard" IRQ and I/O Range settings. Make sure they are set correctly, eg: Com 1 = IRQ 4 I/O Range 03F8-03FF, Com 2 = IRQ 3 I/O Range 02F8 - 02FF. Not all computers will set the com ports in this manner, depending on what other devices you have installed or what your BIOS has been set to.

Hope this helps......

Well hello fellow POed IRIS owners. I puchased my M1 over a year ago them about 3 months ago decided to purchase the IRIS. Three months later and I still haven't gotten it to work. I just took notes on all the suggestions here am am to sign off and try them. Wish me luck.

I did buy the IRIS and low and behold,,, it works great (for me)... The only thing I did not like is the sampling rate is every 20 seconds on the M1 so your dive profile looks a bit like a sawtooth at times.... The Suunto seems to be every 5 seconds

I finally got mine working. Basically I needed to uninstall my mouse, then reboot my machine so that Windows could reinstall the mouse and look for conflicts. Whatever windows did it fixed the problem and it is working fine now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom