The All Inclusive SCUBA Tattoo Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks everyone for the input. I would like to hear from some more people is they are willing to discuss this subject.

Julie

A tattoo is often a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling.

dnhill

hi there,

Well, I think tattoos are very personal, so all that matters is what you think. However, I will share my opinions. I have two.. one on my right hip, and one on my right shoulder. the one on my shoulder is rather large, but can still be easily covered with clothing if I want or need to. I am thinking about getting one on my foot or ankle, so this is an interesting discussion for me. My one piece of advice is this... be really careful about what design you use. DONT tattoo something that you will later wish you didn't have...People change, likes and dislikes change, relationships change.... (turtles probably don't change much! ) :)

I have been thinking about a tropical fish and am open to thoughts on what might tattoo well and look good. :) Let us know how it goes! :)

The funniest tatoo I ever saw on a friend was a small caricature of a little guy using the old fashioned push style lawn mowers with the rotary helical blades mowing the side edge of her narrow landing stripe....the tatoo showed "grass" shooting off upwards and to the side....

I have always told people that the 2 most important decisions in getting a tatoo is 'what you want' and 'where you want it'. Only you can and should make these decisions. I did tryout the temp tattoos when I was younger to kinda get a feel for where I wanted it and how others would react if it was in a place that others can see it. My tattoos are for me and only one of them you can see when I am wearing a bathing suit (and no they aren't on my boobs or bootie). Now with the fashion being those low rise pants more girls tattoos located on the lower back are visible.

So in saying that here are some suggestions, but its still your choice in the end. Lower back, inside the bikini line, hips (side or more towards the front), ankle, shoulder blades, if you have long hair you could have it on the back of your neck.

Let us know what you decide and post a pic when you get it. Also insted of picking a tattoo off the wall or out of a portfolio at the artist's shop see if will draw you something special, as I rather have a tattoo that was made for me rather than something 20 other people will have on them.

I was always wondering what w woman with a tatoo will do when she'll be in her 50s or 60s, skin not any longer so soft and smooth and how the tatoo would look then...
And this is what keeps me away from having a tatoo.
Mania
PS. But one of the most interesting places I saw was on the toe. During the summer wearing sandals with polished nails it really looked nice

needless to say, i'm not a woman but i have one tat on my arm. its a topless woman and i have never regretted it. hehe, she has never once told me "not tonight honey, i have a headache". LOL

my ex wife had 3. one was a big rose on her arm and that was to cover up a guys name that she had put there many many years before when she was very young. she had a small owl put on her breast and the last one she had done was a pair of lips on the cheek of her butt. she was always saying to people... "kiss my butt" and when they would say... "mark the spot, your butt all over" she already had it marked.

steve

I have a tattie, it was definetly a hard decision where to put it. As for the design, I drew it myself, I agree with the above poster, why get something from a book that 20 other people have. My tattoo is for me to enjoy, it has a lot of meaning to me as I drew it during a wicked period in my life. I ended up putting it on the outside of my lower leg (calf area). I can wear pants and cover it up, or shorts and presto...
If you arn't 100% sure...DON'T GET IT, wait until you know what and where...
let us know what you decide

AmyJ said
Well, I think tattoos are very personal, so all that matters is what you think.

Unfortunately the tatoo reflects what you think at that specific point in time... not what you may think 10 or 20 years down the line. Personally I prefer women without them, although small tatoos in areas like the ankle or small of the back are no big deal (IMHO of course).

Dr. Bill

Well, Im not a woman, but I have three tattoos, and thinking about a fourth. I have one on each arm. The first one I got was a Tribal, which I altered a bit from the stock one they had in a book. Next, I got a Scorpion, because I am a Scorpio. Then, I got a cross, because I am a Catholic. I like to get tattoos that not only look cool, but have some meaning to me as well. The one thing I learned is to NEVER put anyone's name on you. That is just bad mojo. Also, dont put it on your face, or neck. Thats lame. Breasts are overdone, and dont look good there anyways. One of my Ex's had a tattoo on her right breast, and it just ruined everything. On a woman, I would say arms are good, shoulders, small of back, and on your lower tummy. Also, legs work too...

The next tattoo I get I think will have something to do with an aquatic creature. Maybe a whale shark...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom