The Assimiliation continues - Part 4 (its all here...)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation once bubbled...

There's tons of info on sizing and fitting this contraption all over this board, the BAUE and WKRP sites - so I'll save the fitting questions until when / if I get stuck. A few questions:

The WKRP site eh? What are Les Nessman's and Dr. Johhny Fever's recommendations for gear config?
:bonk:

t_dogg once bubbled...
The WKRP site eh? What are Les Nessman's and Dr. Johhny Fever's recommendations for gear config?

And do they have pics of Loni Anderson in bondage wings?

yes.

No.

:(

PS: how mych adjusting will I need to do after the rig gets wet? We're not talking inches, right? We're talking minor creepage and nudging some stuff around?

K

yes.

No.

:(

PS: how mych adjusting will I need to do after the rig gets wet? We're not talking inches, right? We're talking minor creepage and nudging some stuff around?

K

The only thing that needed adjusting on mine was the cam bands as they do stretch and slightly loosen after they get wet.My harness didnt seem to stretch at all.

I have the new "Super Buckles" which I gather are the "1 piece" (they have the velcro). There is a 1, 2, 3 stamped on them, and that helped a lot with getting it together. Its like the SeaQuest threading, except its SS and not Plastic.

Here is a site for threading your buckle http://www.scubadiving.com/talk/read.php?f=1&i=426334&t=426334

4 hours to assemble, size and test. First thoughts:

1) Its tight. I know its supposed to be. Not restrictive, just snug. With no padding, it snugs my body a little better. I had a hard time getting it to the place where I could touch it from the top - but its there now. The BAUE site rules. Hacylon, take a hint.

I've seen three different snap bolt configurations for the long hose (Nylon, bungee and tie-wrap) and I'm still not sure if I really need a Butt ring.

Make sure your straps are loose enough two place two fingers under the straps as shown in the baue site.I made the mistake of getting mine to tight the first time and man was it uncomfortable.Once i got it set right you never even notice its there underwater.

If you plan on placing a lift bag or surface marker in the pocket on the backplate you can clip it off to the butt d ring.

Here is another link for connecting bolt snaps to your hoses http://www.dis-uk.org/gallery.htm Click on connection points.

Back
Top Bottom