The Bahamas (Did you enjoy them)

Did you enjoy diving the Bahamas?

• Totally

Votes: 39 52.7%
  • Had a good/great time

Votes: 25 33.8%
  • Average... little better then diving area lakes at home.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Didnt care for it much.

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I'd save my money next time for another trip.

Votes: 6 8.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only thing I had the locals offer me was to braid my hair. Anyone with shoulder length hair or longer, will not have a moments peace.
No offers of drugs etc... Did have a local volunteer to be our tour guide for Fort Fincastle, no problem, I knew he'd want a tip at the end. We took care of him.
The worst thing we did was go to the Pirates of Nassau. We thought it was a museum & would be cool, it was so lame!

has anyone been to or know anything about san salvador?
i haven't seen much written about it and was wondering if it is a good place to vacation away from the crowds?

dt

If you search the Net you will find that San Salvador is pristine, was a stop over for Christopher Colombus, also has a high end diving and marina resort.

crispos:
If you search the Net you will find that San Salvador is pristine, was a stop over for Christopher Colombus, also has a high end diving and marina resort.
Been to a lot better places than the Bahamas, over rated and over priced. Would give up diving before using Stuarts Cove again.

cdiver2:
Been to a lot better places than the Bahamas, over rated and over priced. Would give up diving before using Stuarts Cove again.

Wow...you must really hate diving to have a single operator make that big an impression on you. They are a professional operation, but are a cattle boat. Go in with the right attitude and you'll be fine.

Despite what cdiver2 says, the Bahamas is one of the least expensive pseudo-caribbean locations you can go to. The price is the main reason why I selected the Bahamas last year. I stayed in a reasonable hotel for $90 a night and airfare from Boston was only around $350. My entire trip including diving and food probably cost around $1200-1400.

The sea life is abundant and the wall dives are very cool. I saw Caribbean Reef Sharks, had a close encounter with a Spotted Eagle Ray, and saw an enormous moray eel....on top of that, there are thousands of colorful fish and a lot of beautiful coral.

cdiver2:

I notice you are from Largo, FL. Now I understand why you didn't like the Bahamas...it's the same as the diving you do every day. The original poster is from Wisconsin...I don't think he sees many eagle rays up there, nor does he have 100 feet of visibility and 80 degree turquoise blue water.

cdiver2:

Sorry, you seemed to have confused New Providence Island (where Stuarts Cove is located) with the island chain known as The Bahamas. New Providence is one of 22 inhabited islands in a group that contains over 700 islands.

As has already been noted, San Salvadore and the Abacos are well known for their great dives. Another one to add to the list is the Exumas. Between these three areas you can get pristine dive sites overflowing with life; a wide variety of dives: from drift to walls, and lots in between.

Please, people, don't put down The Bahamas until you've seen more than just New Providence! What a life!!! :thumb:

FYI, we lived on a sailboat for 2 years in the Bahamas running our own sail/dive charter.

DSDO,

Soggy:
Wow...you must really hate diving to have a single operator make that big an impression on you. They are a professional operation, but are a cattle boat. Go in with the right attitude and you'll be fine.

Despite what cdiver2 says, the Bahamas is one of the least expensive pseudo-caribbean locations you can go to. The price is the main reason why I selected the Bahamas last year. I stayed in a reasonable hotel for $90 a night and airfare from Boston was only around $350. My entire trip including diving and food probably cost around $1200-1400.

The sea life is abundant and the wall dives are very cool. I saw Caribbean Reef Sharks, had a close encounter with a Spotted Eagle Ray, and saw an enormous moray eel....on top of that, there are thousands of colorful fish and a lot of beautiful coral.

Do's that include wraping a anchor chain around a coral head. I did not hear about this I saw it.

cdiver2:
Do's that include wraping a anchor chain around a coral head. I did not hear about this I saw it.

What's your point? Unfortunately, this stupid behaviour can happen all over the world, not just in The Bahamas

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom