The Blow-job...yes or no?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm with Roakey and UP -- avoid the issue all together. If you just have to have the little dangly things, then use a towel to dry it off -- HP air can be obnoxious.

Mike

Using a towel to wipe the dust-cap then wait for few minute for the moist to dry is surely a good practice. As most of all knows that when we are at a cleaning area, the will normally be lot's of water sprays around which can somehow or rather creep into our regulator inlet.

From my point of view, if available, have fresh water rinse the dust-cap (the first stage) while regulator still attached to the tank. Then blow dry it with air from the tank.

However, i do have an advice I would like to share with some of you out there. When blowing, try avoid blowing too hard and long as this will create a frost and condensation in the tank. Not too good in a long run for the tank.

I am in agreement with UP and Roakey.

The caps serve no purpose U/W so why leave them attached?

Take them off, keep them dry.

I actually never thought of taking it off I guess. I don't worry about leaving it on though because I have an Apeks and the cap is just a little rubber ball which is real easy to wipe dry.

Originally posted by GP
I actually never thought of taking it off I guess. I don't worry about leaving it on though because I have an Apeks and the cap is just a little rubber ball which is real easy to wipe dry.
GP I just realized that my thinking was very parochial in that I wasn't even thinking about a yoke regulator.... shoot the knob on the back of the yoke presents more of and entanglement hazard than that little rubber ball on your Apeks... so I say leave it on!

Sometimes I can't see the trees for the forrest.

There's a new poll a brewing I can feel it:

What type of valve do you own/use?

1. Yoke
2. DIN
3. Other (Heven knows what this could be)

I use a Yoke and keep the cap on the Reg. I have never dried mine off, but then again I have never dove in salt water either. Will it catch up with me some time, I guess so.

Originally posted by NINman
There's a new poll a brewing I can feel it:

What type of valve do you own/use?

1. Yoke
2. DIN
3. Other (Heven knows what this could be)

You'll probably need to add
3. some of each
4. mostly DIN
5. mostly Yoke

Skip the *other* unless you must... then add:

6. SCBA
7. CGA

Originally posted by Uncle Pug

GP I just realized that my thinking was very parochial in that I wasn't even thinking about a yoke regulator.... shoot the knob on the back of the yoke presents more of and entanglement hazard than that little rubber ball on your Apeks... so I say leave it on!

Sometimes I can't see the trees for the forrest.
AhhHahh...LOL!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom