The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not the runner up it was an exact tie and if you weren't so scared that I would beat you this we could really find out who the air hog is (aka Kevin).

gauntlet.jpg

UE,

Please let us know when tickets will be available for Gasathon II, I would imagine the competition for such a sporting event will be fierce.

Best, Craig

Today we had another beautiful day of diving. The seas have decided to calm down, they have laid down to 1-2ft, we had about 60-70 ft vis, with a very very slight north current, the water temp was 78*. We dove black condo and club house. There was a cute little hawksbill turtle out, and 2 big loggerheads, and the Goliath grouper was out on clubhouse. We also saw a little goldentail moray and a huge mutton snapper on the end of the second dive. For those of you who don't like the cold water in the winter you may want to start booking some dives soon before the water really starts to cool off. 

we hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving. We dove yesterday we had 1-2ft seas, no current, and 77-78* water, with 60-70ft vis. We dove the Capt. Tony and Delray Ledge. There were a few big Goliaths and some big barracudas on the Tony. We saw a green turtle getting himself cleaned on delray ledge.

My first trip with U/W Explorers was yesterday.
We had great viz and light currents.
Nice roomy boat and a good crew.
I will be back.
Chug
Do I really have to go back to work tomorrow?

Saturday we had a perfect day for diving. We had flat glassy seas, 70+ vis, no current, and the water temp was 77*.  We dove had some great dives there were a ton of morays out one of which chased us out of a hole when we were trying to get a lobster.  We did not manage to get that one but we did get 2 others. There were huge schools of grunts all over the reef. It was definitly aquarium style diving.  

Great weekend of diving with you guys this weekend. It is easy to see why UE has such a good reputation. Very much appreciated the flexibility of the operation and the laid back atmosphere created by Kevin and Wil. Seemed like a really good dive operation run by really good people. I look forward to getting back down there soon. Just made reservations for the first Tuesday in January...can't wait! BTW, what's the water temp likely to be then, any idea?

Just made reservations for the first Tuesday in January...can't wait! BTW, what's the water temp likely to be then, any idea?

I'm sorry that I can't get it any closer than this but after checking all of my dive logs during that time of year for the last 5 or so years, you're looking at 71 degrees plus or minus 3 degrees. Yup, 68-74. Most were at 71 or 72. Even if you check the week or even the day before you come down, the water can change by a few degrees. That's 7 mil wetsuit time for me and a hood!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom