The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im still trying, here I'll try again

Why is the gun still loaded?????:shocked2::shocked2::popcorn::popcorn:

Nikki - I'm headed to Sydney tomorrow ... from there to Honolulu via Tahiti and the Cook Islands. I return on or about 4/27. :)

Tahiti-- Do they MAKE you get back on the ship by threat of crop? I saw the movie The Bounty all those topless natives, nice cool blue water falls and breadfruit for the eating--- :eyebrow:

I’m sorry about the loaded gun.
I usually dive by myself and the unloading takes place at the safety stop.
In this case, I just made it to the safety stop (obviously very excited) and was asked to pose for a picture.
I can only add the gun was unloaded right away after the picture was taken and well before any other diver got to the safety stop.
A loaded speargun is something that I take very seriously.
Again, sorry about that it will not happen again.
Alex.

Oh, its loaded alright.:kiss2:

IÃÎ sorry about the loaded gun.
In this case, I just made it to the safety stop (obviously very excited) and was asked to pose for a picture.
I can only add the gun was unloaded right away after the picture was taken and well before any other diver got to the safety stop.
Alex.

Ummmm... being around other dives w/ loaded speargun isn't a major faux pas.... (especially when pointed away)

Handing a loaded speargun up to boat crew IS a major faux pas.....

Why is the gun still loaded?????:shocked2::shocked2::popcorn::popcorn:

You're right, the gun's not supposed to be loaded on the site where the non spearing divers are at. The whole story is that he was hunting solo on a site south of the Captain Tony called the Genesis Reef. On his ascent he passed over the Tony and met Nicole on the line. So he wasn't swimming around with the group, his ascent just intersected theirs. It's my mistake for not planning the two drops better. We'll do better next time, and my apologies for the mistake.

Last edited:
IÃÎ sorry about the loaded gun.
Alex.

Hey! Welcome to the board!

Poety - thx for the pics! Yeah, I'm kinda getting worried about your fixation w/ Kev's big balls ...

This loaded gun thing sounds kinda wacky - did you guys also need to call the paramedics (my Pompano boat was delayed cuz some sheila freaked out, took the express elevator from 45', and they had to rush back to port)?

Ummm I was joking about the loaded gun comment :confused:

hehehe release the balls! Again great diving with you Nicole we'll do that again sooner rather than later.Kevin any chance I can get copies of the pics you took on Thursday? Let me know the cost.Josh is leaving in 3-4 days to head back to Nebraska and he told me to tell you guys thanks for such great care.We can come by the shop and pick up some t-shirts too.

No problem! I've been chipping away at them... the cost is free!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom