The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IÃÎ sorry about the loaded gun.
I usually dive by myself and the unloading takes place at the safety stop.
In this case, I just made it to the safety stop (obviously very excited) and was asked to pose for a picture.
I can only add the gun was unloaded right away after the picture was taken and well before any other diver got to the safety stop.
A loaded speargun is something that I take very seriously.
Again, sorry about that it will not happen again.
Alex.

Alex welcome to the board!

:wavey: Hi Alex !! Glad to see you here !! Congrats on the groupers !!

Terri

Kev - thanks for the recount. When I read the post I was surprised. I only know Alex from your boat and he was consistently, impressively safe (this from a guy who has held up entire trips (on other boats) over something as seemingly simple as lack of a clear dive plan from a wanting DM). It sounds like one of those ephemeral scenarios we all experience, but with the bad luck of photos.

... The whole story is that he was hunting solo on a site south of the Captain Tony called the Genesis Reef. On his ascent he passed over the Tony and met Nicole on the line. So he wasn't swimming around with the group, his ascent just intersected theirs ...

Alex - those are some beauties! If you want help eating them, let me, errr, us know. :wink:

-Mike

In this case, I just made it to the safety stop (obviously very excited) and was asked to pose for a picture.
I can only add the gun was unloaded right away after the picture was taken and well before any other diver got to the safety stop.
Alex.

Thanks for your aweness and response. Welcome to the board.

Alex.

Is this the Alex that works on Kev's boat? If so hello Alex, welcome to the board :wavey: It's Emily, Chip's girlfriend. Sorry we haven't been diving with you guys in a while, got blown out the last two times we tried. We'll be back on the boat soon.

If you're not that Alex, hello other Alex. :wavey:

now i am just trying to figure out how to get them to size larger then a thumbnail. not used to all this fancy resizing. ok how do i get beyond the thumbnails
IMG_6325b.jpg

Very nice gags!!!

Are you seeing them consistantly?

Regards,
Chris

Is this the Alex that works on Kev's boat? If so hello Alex, welcome to the board :wavey: It's Emily, Chip's girlfriend. Sorry we haven't been diving with you guys in a while, got blown out the last two times we tried. We'll be back on the boat soon.

If you're not that Alex, hello other Alex. :wavey:

This is the Argentinean Alex (or was it Venezuelan?), not the Cuban Alex. The Alex that captains Kevin's boat is from Cuba, while hunter Alex is from Argentina (or is it Venezuela? Hum?). I had the pleasure of being on the boat with both of them on March 31. Both are great guys!

Saturday brought more cold water from the deep and more green water from Ft Pierce,.....

I just read this two days later. You can have our GREEN water. I don't mind the green stuff as much as the white, brown and floaty suspension stuff we get. I can at least see a bit in the green stuff.

.... I will admit, it was unsettling to spend 5min and 400psi just to get to 90' on a down line, then leave the bottom w/ 1225 and climb on the boat 9min later w/ 850. ....-Mike

:no: Let "them" say whatever they want-- Excellent job in watching your gauges.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom