The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just read this two days later. You can have our GREEN water. I don't mind the green stuff as much as the white, brown and floaty suspension stuff we get. I can at least see a bit in the green stuff.

The RSB-1 on 4.7.09 was 67.3 temp at depth and vis was maybe, 20'-30' -- STOP SHARING

Is this the Alex that works on Kev's boat? If so hello Alex, welcome to the board :wavey: It's Emily, Chip's girlfriend. Sorry we haven't been diving with you guys in a while, got blown out the last two times we tried. We'll be back on the boat soon.

If you're not that Alex, hello other Alex. :wavey:
Hi Emily,
I'm the other Alex.
Hope to see you soon at the boat.
Regards,
Alex.

Okay, I'm going to try to bang out a report real quick while my pics are coming off the card.
Yesterday we had a medium sized swell rolling through, maybe 3-4'. The viz was not so hot, maybe 40' out on the wreck and 30 on the reef. We did the Tony and Clubhouse. There was a moderate north current, and it looked like we were right on the edge of some blue water by the time we headed home.
Water temps were something like 75. I didn't look, so it must have been warm.

Tony-1.jpg

Today we had flat calm seas. The water was warm enough that I didn't look again, I'm guessing 75. We started out with a south current, but on the last dive of the day it started to turn, so we ended up doing Lynn's with a moderate east current. I don't feel too bad for missing the gym after that, because it was a pretty good workout to keep from being blown off the reef. The vis started out okay, like 50 feet or so, but somewhere between the first and second dives, the sponges spawned or something, I don't know. Maybe a supertanker carrying milk sank in the vicinity, because we had 20 foot vis in white water. Anyway, there was still alot of stuff and we had fun despite the crappy viz.
I'm sorry to report that we found a dead hawksbill, drowned I think, entangled in monofilliment fishing line. It was very sad to see...

I have to take a nap, I'll try to finish this tomorrow.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom