The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really like the micro pictures. The coral, Bristle Worm, etc are really nice. And the other ones are excellent. Was this a night dive? Looks like it.

I took these shots the day viz was so bad at 5-10 feet (I think it was Dec 27). But then again, a bad day of diving is still better than a good day of work!
fireworm_closeup_a_at_bhb_dec_27_2009.JPG

sea_robin_2a_at_bhb_dec_27_1009.JPG

stargazer_V_at_bhb_dec_27_2009.JPG

This was the first stargazer I've seen at bhb. there was a significant amount of sand and debris floating around the fish, so it was difficult to get a decent shot

Nice shots Hetland. As Hetland mentioned it was a very nice dive and I wished we had an opportunity to go back during the day time as this dive was very exciting! Here are a few of my shots from the same dive on 12-29-2009:

PC296466.jpg

PC296462.jpg

PC296458.jpg

PC296445.jpg

PC296434.jpg

PC296433.jpg

PC296430.jpg

PC296416.jpg

PC296414.jpg

PC296408.jpg

Nice pictures all!

The red spotty blob is a Warty Sidegill Sea Slug :wink:

I didn't make it to the bridge this AM... something else came up this AM

I really like the micro pictures. The coral, Bristle Worm, etc are really nice. And the other ones are excellent. Was this a night dive? Looks like it.

Thank You sir! It was indeed a night dive (we made entry at dusk, so there was a little light at the start of the dive.

Nice pictures all!

Thanks for the compliment and the critter ID. I was wondering what it was. Do you know what the giant HermitCrab is in XRay's shot??? It was HUGE!

hetland: nice shots, especially the octopus.... hopefully we will see more pictures form you in the future. What sort of rig are you using to take the photos?

Thank You!

I'm shooting a Canon G11 in a Canon Housing with an INON D2000 strobe. The strobe is really the reason for the quality of the lighting. I am however, becoming impressed with the G11. The fact that it can resolve individual hairs on a bristleworm is frankly astounding, especially considering that I didn't use a macro lens for any of these shots.

Nice shots Hetland. As Hetland mentioned it was a very nice dive and I wished we had an opportunity to go back during the day time as this dive was very exciting!

Love the fireworm, hermit and lobster shots! Where did you find all that cool stuff???? I saw a snook or two, but some of those other critters you spotted eluded my detection.

Lets put a day dive at the BHB at the top of our list for the next trip :D

Agreed! A day dive at BHB is now a must! We should have went down early in the AM on that (Friday AM?) High Tide for one last hoorah, after all, it was on the way home! :D

Nice pictures all!

I didn't make it to the bridge this AM... something else came up this AM

Jim missed you today There were only a few of us to brave the cold 51 degree air but the water was a toasty warm 72 - well warm compared to the surface temp. Current was moderate viz was low & slack was short but it still was good day Nothing new just the usual which still makes for a good dive day.

That is a POWERFUL shot My friends know I hate those worms so I am surprising myself that I like it so much And the octo is fantastic I haven't seen any for awhile & your photo series is great.
Deb

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm not always happy to see the bristles come out either, and you guys have more than your fair share at the BHB.

I stumbled upon the octopus. I had drifted a bit too far North on the Eastern side and was working my way back to the overpass. About 3/4 of the way back I cut West and got into the shallows on the island-side. It was in those rocks that we surprised each other, and she was kind enough to let me snap a few photos before we returned to our business.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom