The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He has such a bump on his noggin, never seen that before. Has anybody else?

Well, regardless of whether its a blue, queen or townsend, it is missing a part of the fin. Also, looks like it got chumped on the gill plate.

How soon can you get here. I'll be there tomorrow or Saturday or Sunday....

Oh, and I never made it under the bridge for these shots. They were all on the south side of BHB

I won't be down there until the 21st of June.

Get there earlier than you might think. High tide is 4:30 ish. You will need time to find a parking space this time of year. You will want to be there by 3:00 in order to be in the water at 4:00 PM

KBeck and I will be there this afternoon

I won't be down there until the 21st of June.
Well, we leave for Bonaire the 26th, so it is possible to get some diving in at Blue Heron...

Diving can be done on the: 21st (afternoon), 22nd (afternoon), 24th (night) - These are the only dives I can make. The next available dive time is on Saturday the 26th (morning)

You might also be interested in knowing that ForceE is sponsoring a free night dive on the 24th of June:

Thursday June 24th:
Pick up parking pass at Riviera Store by 6pm. Start diving as early as 7pm. High tide is 8pm. Finish diving by 9pm.

EVERYONE MUST BE OUT OF THE PARK BY 10PM!! Parking tickets will be issued after that point.

NO DIVING AT LEAST 50FT NEAR THE EAST SMALL BRIDGE. Bridge is under construction anyone caught will be ticketed and takes a risk of having scuba diving banned at the park!

Great diving today. We saw 6 or 7 octopi. Also, great to see Cooltech and KBeck underwater and topside.

Bad news - I accidentally left our dive float over on the concrete near the "ramp" to get into the water near the west span of the bridge. It was a yellow inner tube type with yellow cord and a yellow handle. There was a compass and mini slate attached to the handle. The word "seahorse???" was written on the slate. If anyone found it, please let me know. Thanks!

just a question. Does anybody think the oil spill could end up affecting BHB?
Short answer... no... Long answer... no...

At most, the spill would produce tar balls that would wash up onto the shore during the incoming tide. If one was to inspect the sand along the east coast of Florida they would already spot tar balls in the sand. Many resorts offer wet-naps to wipe off tar when guests go to their beaches... It has been there as long as people can remember and if the spill should make some impact on the east coast of Florida, it would simply be the same as it has been for generations...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom