The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone lose a snorkel or the top of their flag (the banner portion)? I found both on Sunday. Neither had been in the water long. And I still have that hood somewhere that I found last fall.

Also FYI on both Sat & Sun the same (I think) jet ski came in over the beach area fairly close to shore where the cinder blocks are. I told him he was suppose to stay 100 feet away from the flags. He ignored me, so please stay close to your flags.
Also a reminder frog kicks or no kicks at all. My camera got dusted a couple of times this weekend. I know it is hard to remember even I overturn urchins from time to time, but with the warm weather there are more divers so please be careful.

I nearly had a lapdog this Sunday with the biggest stargazer I've ever seen

P5237403_edited-1.jpg P5237405_edited-1.jpg

Last Thursday my computer said 79 degrees and my gauge 81, I'll call it 80--I wore a full Aeroskin and was ok for an hour dive.

Thanks, just what I needed to know. I will wear my 3mm. I think the sight of me in an Aeroskin would induce mass panic in the greater West Palm Beach area.

Wow, this was down to the 3rd page--we went on the nite dive sponsored by Force E on Wednesday evening, my thanks to Force E; who are repeating on June 10th and 24th...............viz not great, but 80 degrees in the water and we saw a Goliath Grouper---waaaay nice!!! It was surrounded by large examples of other species, Spadefish, Parrotfish, Angels, etc.

I was thinking about doing the Force E night dive on June 10th. How was the dive organised? Were there many other divers there or was it just those with the group? Also did you notice if there were many people still fishing from the pier that late in the day?

Thanks

I was thinking about doing the Force E night dive on June 10th. How was the dive organised? Were there many other divers there or was it just those with the group? Also did you notice if there were many people still fishing from the pier that late in the day?

Thanks

I did not attend the last night dive, but did the prior one with Force-E. If you simply want to pick up a parking pass at Force-E and dive solo or with just a buddy or two, that is OK. Or if you want to dive in a group with a dive-shop employee who knows the site, that is OK too. Either way, you'll need to stop by the shop and get the parking pass..

There were a few people fishing the night I dove, but many cleared out when they saw all the divers gearing up. I avoided the fishing pier area that evening since it is difficult to see the fishing line once the sun sets.

It was about the same as described above for us last Wednesday. A few fisherfolks--one of whom said he hooked a diver, he saw the diver and said he "did not set the hook" because of that. Most divers had a lite on the tank, as well as something on the flag and a hand held lite or two.

There were a ton of divers--I don't know how many got a parking pass thru the store--I wondered anyway. We plan to go again on the 10th of June.

Anyway, here's hoping they NEVER set the hook!!!!

Thanks for all the night diving information, especially regarding the fishing situation. Hopefully I'll be seeing you on June 10th (can't wait!!).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom