The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paul,

Nice find on the froggie. I can't wait to see more pics. I looked for you yesterday, but no one fessed up to being you. :D

Saturday was my first dive at BHB and I was absolutely amazed. I went into this dive expecting to see some new creatures, but never did I think I would see a batfish, frogfish, and so many octopi. Absolutely stunning dive. I should have more pics when I get home, but these are some of the better ones.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice, hints, and pointers. Ill be back next saturday!

frogfishsmall.jpg

bristlewormsmall.jpg

Blennyinbottlesmall.jpg

Well, as fate might lead us, it looks like my wife and I will be there on Saturday the 16th for the high tide. She wanted to do a few reef dives with JASA prior to the BHB dive, so it worked out perfectly.

Anyone want to schedule a meeting place and time? It would be cool to meet some of you all.

Next weekend is going to be a tough weekend for anyone to make plans on meeting.

The high tide is 2:03 PM. The park gets VERY busy in the afternoon this time of year. If someone is going to make plans to meet, I would suggest it be a time and a location near the water (Like 12:50 PM at the Lifeguard stand next to the water)

... I don't mind walking to the water. No skin off my back =)
I see I wasn't quite clear about the possibilities (my fault, totally!).

You might see signs stating "Trailer parking lot full". This will mean that the boat ramp has filled their spaces.

You might need to be prepaired to follow, and/or ask people leaving the beach area if they are leaving... and, can you follow them to their spot in order to get a parking space.

There is limited space at the park. Morning dives don't seem to be a problem (yet). Afternoon dives have already begun to see the problem.

I'm just warning everyone ahead of time. You might want to make a morning beach day in order to make the afternoon dive... :wink:

You guys are fantastic!!! Thanks for providing all the pictures you're posting on the thread. Many of my students frequent the bridge for swimming and picnicing. I've been showing them the pictures you've been posting on the thread and they can't believe that all these wonderful creatures are swimming around in the water with them. It's a great experience for them, learning tool for me, and piqueing the interest of many of them to learn more about scuba.

Questions about the BHB area where do you dive veterans recommend to stay the night(hotels) thats safe and clean dont mind a 10-20min drive if i have to play it safe. thanks heading out sat morning to BHB with dive class to get my cert then the open water on sunday. thanks!

I was there in April and stayed at the Hampton in Palm Beach Gardens. It's about 15 minutes North. Price was OK and it's in a good area with good restaurants around also.

Questions about the BHB area where do you dive veterans recommend to stay the night(hotels) thats safe and clean dont mind a 10-20min drive if i have to play it safe. thanks heading out sat morning to BHB with dive class to get my cert then the open water on sunday. thanks!

I used Priceline once, and I got a great place for $55. I think it was a Marriot...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom