The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You could just visit Force E and offer....I just talked to Skip of Force E, and he is thinking it may be better to spend our money or more tests, and just deal with a couple of extra days for the cultures at room temperature.

At the moment force E does not have a fridge, so they are using a cooler...to keep the test kits that have not been opened ( they need to stay refrigerated prior to using).
The cultures will be fine growing att room temperature, it just takes a couple of days longer.

Thanks for offering!!

I'll be up that way next week Tuesday and Wednesday. And with my out-of-town friends Tall Guy will even have help getting the fridge into the car. I will call Force E on Monday to confirm its ok to drop it off so I don't just show up.

Good thing we have a "Walley World" station wagon! Three divers, three sets of gear and tanks ... and a refrigerator! :rofl3:

Dan, if test samples are taken during the weekend I am expecting a least one part per million to be expelled Budweiser from the Peanut Island crowd. :D

As kidding aside, thank you for your efforts. Please dispatch me an address to send a donation. :wink:

Agree.
Thanks to Dan. I am officially Dan's biggest fan. I took my sig line from his South Florida Dive Journal and want to give him Kudos for his efforts in the interest of the local dive community and the interest of divers around the world.

I just got the test kits in and dropped them off at Force E.

We are doing our own tests....Beginning Saturday morning. Hour before peak high tide. At : the shipwreck; at the channel crossing area in about 18feet of water; near the breakwall under the bridge in about 4 feet of water( near the fish cleaning station many of us use for the hose); and a test point way east where we all used to dive--just to see if there is a water quality difference.
We will also do the hour before peak low tide ( when we hear the present reports derrive from), but in our high tide testing points just mentioned...and maybe throw in the right at the beach in 2 inches of water that is so far the method of testing ( from what I hear)...What they have concerned themselves with is small kids crawling around at the waters edge....while the issue is significant from a state agency perspective, and I believe it is absolutely essential they keep doing this, I expect it to have almost no relationship to our test depths, at the time we dive.
I would say start diving now, tests will show how smart this was by around thursday( culture times) , and for any of us that find themselves struggling and choking on water right at the shoreline, Darwin has been waiting :) ( in other words, none of us have any business ingesting water at the shoreline!!!)

Force E has the test kits at the Shop now, and will help in letting eveyone know our results.

Thanks Dan. I am officially your biggest fan. I took my sig line from your South Florida Dive Journal and want to give you Kudos for your efforts in the interests of the local dive community and the interest of divers around the world.

Dan, if test samples are taken during the weekend I am expecting a least one part per million to be expelled Budweiser from the Peanut Island crowd. :D

That would probably be a plus as alcohol would kill the e.coli:D We did the e.coli dive @ Blue Heron 2 weeks ago (yes the warnings were there, but they didn't stop us from diving - and it was great).

Let's see... 35mm macro lens arrived, TTL strobes arrived, housing is right there, the 6x8" arms with focus light attachment has arrived....

Time to break in the new setup with a dive under "Potty Bridge". I'm going now to setup the gear for tomorrow morning's dive. Good thing I have enough sick days from work...

At least no one is blaming it on moored boats dumping this time...

Thanks Dan. I am officially your biggest fan. I took my sig line from your South Florida Dive Journal and want to give you Kudos for your efforts in the interests of the local dive community and the interest of divers around the world.
You're too kind. I think a huge number of our community would like to be able to be involved in protecting our BHB diving. I'm just glad it is this easy to deal with this problem.....

That would probably be a plus as alcohol would kill the e.coli:D We did the e.coli dive @ Blue Heron 2 weeks ago (yes the warnings were there, but they didn't stop us from diving - and it was great).

Hell yeah! We are Palm Beach County Guerrilla Divers. We sprinkle E.coli on our Wheaties in the morning. :wink:

Hey Joanie,
"Good thing we have a "Walley World" station wagon! Three divers, three sets of gear and tanks ... and a refrigerator!"

Gotta see that. I'll see ya Tues.

Did my first dive at the Bridge Oct. 28, 2010. 4 mos. later, today, I completed my 15th dive. Man, it never gets old. Always something unique and exciting about each and every dive.

I hope the water conditions improve soon, I need to get back to my diving.
I had to resort to biking today and almost hit a tree and rode off a small
bridge on a mountain bike trail, yikes ! Mountain biking is NOT my thing !

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom