The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think these last few pages of posts show that we need to work even harder on educating people about the bridge and proper dive etiquette there.
It also points out that we need to make this a marine preserve. I think we can all agree on that.
Maybe it would be a good idea to make it a marine preserve, but meanwhile having some law enforcement can keep things under control.
I don't go for moral issues because everyone has a personal view of things, but the law is very clear.
Like it is on everything, some may get away but enough LEO presence will probably keep things in check.

I must not have explained myself enough with my last message. I am the owner of Admirals Club on Singer Island. I have owned the property for 13 years. We are located 150 feet north of little Blue Heron Bridge. During this time we have rented apts. to many local and tourist divers. One of our guests was fortunate to photograph seahorses mating under our dock. We have been referred lodging by Skip and his crew at Force E dive shop on Blue Heron Blvd, a very knowledgeable and professional operation. Acting on a suggestion from a member of this site we decided to have an open house to show more people our site and situation.

I hope I am not ruffling feathers by doing self promotion on this site. I do think I own one of the most unique dive locations in Florida. Self promotion yes, making Blue Heron Bridge more popular and accessible, yes. Our open house is April 16th. We will serve refreshments, door prizes and a raffle. Please RSVP to admiralsclub@aol.com. It should be a fun get together. I am glad to hear Cooltech is remodeling, the construction trades and suppliers can use the business as well. Thanks

I hope I am not ruffling feathers by doing self promotion on this site. I do think I own one of the most unique dive locations in Florida. Self promotion yes, making Blue Heron Bridge more popular and accessible, yes. Our open house is April 16th. We will serve refreshments, door prizes and a raffle. Please RSVP to admiralsclub@aol.com. It should be a fun get together. I am glad to hear Cooltech is remodeling, the construction trades and suppliers can use the business as well. Thanks

If your date isn't yet firm I would like to make a suggestion to hold your open house around a good high tide time. On the 16th HT is at 7:21am & for many of us who drive a long way that is too early. A day where high tide is later than probably 9am would probably have more divers in the area and therefore more people might attend. Most of us get in 1 hr before slack tide & dive for 2-3hrs & could come over after the dive.
Just a suggestion
Deb

You're ruffling mine a bit.

Jumping into an unrelated thread. You can do something in the classifieds or maybe consider a sponsorship. Even just posting in the local travel forums. Maybe take out an ad in a publication??? I am sensitive to the marketplace, but I thought you a bot.

If you have something to contribute in this thread, I am cool. (but it's not my forum)

Peace.

I asked earlier. Is your place pet friendly?
Thnx

Capt. Rich, perhaps using your sig line (which is currently non existent) to "advertise" your place may work better than just posting in this thread. Then every time you post, your "ad" will be seen. Win Win for all!

Capt. Rich,
What just happend, in non-internet vocabulary....
You walked up to a big coffee table where a bunch of divers were heatedly argueing about why spearing and killing fish should not be allowed diver behavior at the BHB...and you jumped into the middle of the conversation by talking about the cool place you have for BHB divers to stay in.....
It's kind of a discussion board ettiquette thing--if there is a big arguement going on, or an intense discussion raging, this is a time for posts that are related to this, and not a time for promotional posts.
When you posted a few days ago about the open house, that I think would have been appreciated....it is just that yesterday, in the middle of the trauma DD has brought to the forum, it is a poor time for you to promote.....Of course, you could weigh in with your take on the issue, and any solutions you might have--such as where DD and baby spearos can go to spear fish without boats.

I will say this again....No self respecting spearfisherman of any talent, would ever consider going spearfishing at a swimming beach, or at the BHB. Self respecting spearfisherman use boats to go to real divesites where spearfishing is known to be good. We don't shoot fish in a barrel, we don't strangle Bambi at the Petting Zoo, and we don't wander through a group of Bird Watchers with cameras in a forest, and then point a shotgun at the birds they are filming, shoot a few, and then tell the traumatized birders about how good this will taste.

I still can't believe dumpster Diver killed the flounder and had it videoed...the only thing that makes any sense to me ( because I am sure he knows better) , is that his nose is still out of joint because of the collecting fish argument a month ago, and now he wants to strike back at BHB divers for threatening his tropical fish collection hobby.
Someone who knows DD needs to get his friends together and set up an intervention :)

Sorry if I missed an earlier post - I'm just back after a few days with no internet.

What's the latest on water quality at the potty bridge? Still on topic, since we're discussing consuming a bottom-dwelling fish ...

Besides the moral and legal issues, there's also health: :yuck:

Sorry if I missed an earlier post - I'm just back after a few days with no internet.

What's the latest on water quality at the potty bridge? Still on topic, since we're discussing consuming a bottom-dwelling fish ...

Besides the moral and legal issues, there's also health: :yuck:

I'm heading in in an hour or so. (Loving Micky D's wi-fi and this sausage, egg, and cheese McMuffin). I'll let you know if I lived and whether it tasted funny, smelled bad, or looked icky under the Jerry Thomas Memorial Bridge. Thought I had the wifey talked into giving it a try, but she doesn't want her hair messed up for the Key Biscayne tennis tournament this afternoon. :D

I guess it was on another forum (E-Divers?) on which I read that the readings are still "poor". Is Force-E still using that fridge for independent testing?

Kevin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom