The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm heading in in an hour or so. (Loving Micky D's wi-fi and this sausage, egg, and cheese McMuffin). I'll let you know if I lived and whether it tasted funny, smelled bad, or looked icky under the Jerry Thomas Memorial Bridge. Thought I had the wifey talked into giving it a try, but she doesn't want her hair messed up for the Key Biscayne tennis tournament this afternoon. :D

I guess it was on another forum (E-Divers?) on which I read that the readings are still "poor". Is Force-E still using that fridge for independent testing?

Kevin

We will test again Saturday!
For now, consider the water clean as you approach high tide. The state has never had a bad reading in the water collum we dive in, near high tide. All the bad/poor readings were at near peak low tide, and all at the shoreline where toddlers could be playing by the water.

I dived yesterday and posted on Facebook.
No swimming signs greeted me as I entered the Park. Several are posted on the beach near the guarded area. Beautifuy day, great dive...as always.

I will say this again....No self respecting spearfisherman of any talent, would ever consider going spearfishing at a swimming beach, or at the BHB. Self respecting spearfisherman use boats to go to real divesites where spearfishing is known to be good. )

Some might say that no self respecting diver (of any talent) would ever consider using scuba gear at the BHB where the average depth is probably less than 10 feet. Self respecting scuba divers use boats to go to real divesites where diving is know to be good. :confused::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Some might say that no self respecting diver (of any talent) would ever consider using scuba gear at the BHB where the average depth is probably less than 10 feet. Self respecting scuba divers use boats to go to real divesites where diving is know to be good. :confused::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
I will repeat the part you forgot...
We don't shoot fish in a barrel, we don't strangle Bambi at the Petting Zoo, and we don't wander through a group of Bird Watchers with cameras in a forest, and then point a shotgun at the birds they are filming, shoot a few, and then tell the traumatized birders about how good this will taste.

We will test again Saturday!
For now, consider the water clean as you approach high tide. The state has never had a bad reading in the water collum we dive in, near high tide. All the bad/poor readings were at near peak low tide, and all at the shoreline where toddlers could be playing by the water.

Been swimming at Phil Foster Park/Peanut Island for 45+ years without any ill effects. The water is infinitely cleaner now in that area as compared to 30 years ago...

I think DumpsterDiver just posted that from youtube and his only involvement is to aggravate people....nowhere does he write that "he" did anything...

I think DumpsterDiver just posted that from youtube and his only involvement is to aggravate people....nowhere does he write that "he" did anything...

That's what I am hoping as well.
And he does seem to enjoy aggravating people :)

He has also been diving long enough to know better, and to feel embarrassed for the baby freedivers that did not know any better than to shoot/knife at BHB.

To everyone else, I have big blue DiveR freediving fins, and I am NOT one of the people killing things at the park...
....Just trying to avoid the diry looks that freedivers may get when they go to the park now... Thanks DD :shakehead:

Actually, he does say he did it.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/5798951-post3304.html
"Morally", we're now talking morals.

I engaged in immoral activity because I carefully selected my target, used my breathholding skills and a legal type of gear to take a fish (that was of legal size, during an open fishing season) that a dozen hook and line fisherman on an adjacent peir would have been targeting at the same time (if they knew it was there)????
:rofl3:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/5799114-post3309.html

I was spearing, not spearfishing. Spearing is allowed there, spearfishing is not. At least that is what I understand after a careful look at it.

Yes, you are confused. Not all divers are the macho fish killer type that can dive down and stab a flat fish lying on the bottom. Some divers are young and should dive shallow, some divers are disabled and need ease of entry, but then again some divers just want serious bottom time with cool critters.

You may have posted the video just to stir the pot, but everything about it was lame and like it or not, the truth is it was illegal.

By the way, I used freedive in the North Atlantic and catch flounder by hand and without the use of a spearing tool. Now I like diving shallow and ticking away bottom time showing my kids cool stuff. FYI, no self respecting freediver needs to catch a flat fish under 2 pounds with a spearing tool. Again, pretty lame analogy dude.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom