The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For the first time since Hurricane Wilma I got to do a night dive at the bridge. High tide was at 8:33 PM. I got in at 7:10, and did a 2 hour 20 minute dive. Here are a couple of shots from last night.

1244403708_DSC_8829.jpg

1244403762_DSC_8852.jpg

A couple of snake eels
1244403727_DSC_8835.jpg

1244403745_DSC_8842.jpg

And another nudi
1244403778_DSC_8906.jpg

Awesome pictures, Scott.

I had a Discover Scuba Student at the bridge today, so I didn't have my camera. CoolTech and D2Diver were there, along with the normal cast of regular divers. I'm looking forward to seeing his pictures.

Awesome pictures, Scott.

I had a Discover Scuba Student at the bridge today, so I didn't have my camera. CoolTech and D2Diver were there, along with the normal cast of regular divers. I'm looking forward to seeing his pictures.

Thanks. I didn't have the energy to go back this morning after getting home after 11 last night.

We were there sat night as well. We spent 96 minutes under the west span, my GF and her mom got some great shots, I'll put some up later today (after they e-mail them to me)

For the first time since Hurricane Wilma I got to do a night dive at the bridge. High tide was at 8:33 PM. I got in at 7:10, and did a 2 hour 20 minute dive. Here are a couple of shots from last night.

1244403708_DSC_8829.jpg

1244403762_DSC_8852.jpg

A couple of snake eels
1244403727_DSC_8835.jpg

1244403745_DSC_8842.jpg

And another nudi
1244403778_DSC_8906.jpg
Scott, I'm afraid to ask, what is that ??? (your first pic). ewww
The second one, juvie angel, what kind ? Grays and French have yellow body bars, do you think it's another non native ???

Scott, I'm afraid to ask, what is that ??? (your first pic). ewww
The second one, juvie angel, what kind ? Grays and French have yellow body bars, do you think it's another non native ???

The first shot is a head shield slug Philinopsis pusa.

I'm pretty sure the angelfish is a juvenile grey. The bars are a little washed out in the image, but they were yellow.

A couple of snake eels
1244403727_DSC_8835.jpg

1244403745_DSC_8842.jpg

Scott
Is that a Spotted snake eel? 2 different ones? Drat another critter to add to my wish list. I see the Sharptail eels all the time but never that one. In addition to Judy, Linda & Ann it was good to say hi to Al, Shen & Jim as I did my usual social minute and Jim took me to the black frog fish YEAH. Later Lureen found it too. We had a great dive. Glad you had a good night dive. I'll be back there on 16th (hoping to dive with Kevin in the am & again at the bridge later)
Deb

A couple of snake eels
1244403727_DSC_8835.jpg

1244403745_DSC_8842.jpg

Scott
Is that a Spotted snake eel? 2 different ones? Drat another critter to add to my wish list. I see the Sharptail eels all the time but never that one. In addition to Judy, Linda & Ann it was good to say hi to Al, Shen & Jim as I did my usual social minute and Jim took me to the black frog fish YEAH. Later Lureen found it too. We had a great dive. Glad you had a good night dive. I'll be back there on 16th (hoping to dive with Kevin in the am & again at the bridge later)
Deb

Yep, two different ones. I think they are spotted snake eels. It is hard to be sure without seeing more of the body. I'll probably be there this weekend.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom