The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice shots Jim.

The nudi was not in the Reef Creature ID book. It is in Anne's book on Caribbean slugs. I sent her the link. She confirmed the ID, but said it has now been fully described. It's new name is Hypselodoris olgae.
Dang it all! I really need to pick up a copy of her book...

After searching the above, I see there is a nicer picture posted on the Sea Slug Forum... I really need to roll more drunks to get a better camera... hmmm... maybe the diopter from reefnet.ca...

Then again, I hope their CD covers them more thoroughly :cool2:
---

So, how is the Bahamas trip going?

I had to refrain myself from looking for shark teeth on Sunday at BHB, but I thought I spotted three (But they were not teeth)... :rofl3:

Today, I dove VB and got 655 teeth. I dove one beach and got 585 teeth. Then, I went over to Alhambra to try and scope things out before the Birthday Bash... Only got 60 teeth :depressed: But, I tried some new areas there to see what was what and ended up in the natural reef way north of Alhambra. Cool for seeing the natural reef, but 0 teeth in that area for an hour :wink:

Cool Beans! Nice...
Never seen a frog fish move before, looked like he was having some trouble!
There were times when he was more animated and some times where he made a tripod with his face :rofl3:

Anne was filming at that time, so I didn't disturb her by shooting too. After a while, she let me shoot some pics and the video and then went back to shooting her shots when I told her I was finished. By then, he moved out of the ripping out-bound current

Too much rum???? Great video & great photos. I was ocean diving & had a great time or at least I thought I did until I saw your pics. They are fantastic
We were ocean diving on Saturday with Captain Tony near Boca. I was playing with settings on the camera, but posted some shots here...

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=4027

These include the Scarlet-striped Cleaner Shrimp that was cleaning a Spotted Moray Eel (Scarlet is uncommon to rare in south florida and is known to hide from divers)

Dang it all! I really need to pick up a copy of her book...

After searching the above, I see there is a nicer picture posted on the Sea Slug Forum... I really need to roll more drunks to get a better camera... hmmm... maybe the diopter from reefnet.ca...

Then again, I hope their CD covers them more thoroughly :cool2:
---

So, how is the Bahamas trip going?

I had to refrain myself from looking for shark teeth on Sunday at BHB, but I thought I spotted three (But they were not teeth)... :rofl3:

Today, I dove VB and got 655 teeth. I dove one beach and got 585 teeth. Then, I went over to Alhambra to try and scope things out before the Birthday Bash... Only got 60 teeth :depressed: But, I tried some new areas there to see what was what and ended up in the natural reef way north of Alhambra. Cool for seeing the natural reef, but 0 teeth in that area for an hour :wink:

Anne started carrying a copy of teh book in her car so we can ID stuff.

Tha Bahamas were great. We were fishing the eastern edge of the stream up near the point. The yellowfins had been running like crazy last week so we wanted a crack at them. No tuna, but got some nice size dolphin and a 150 lb blue marlin.

We were ocean diving on Saturday with Captain Tony near Boca. I was playing with settings on the camera, but posted some shots here...

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=4027

These include the Scarlet-striped Cleaner Shrimp that was cleaning a Spotted Moray Eel (Scarlet is uncommon to rare in south florida and is known to hide from divers)

Great ocean shots Love the shrimp. & Is that a cucumber I see?????!!!!
Jim your photos are getting better & better You will have to give me a class See you maybe Sunday.

Anyone up for a BHB dive, today? High tide is 6:18pm... should have enough light to get pretty decent viz.

Please send me a PM if interested, I won't be on SB again today... gotta go to work!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom