The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My husband and I were there Sat and met Scuba Jenny...Hi!...

It was very crowded with divers. More than I have ever seen. I'm concerned that, above the cert classes and PDV's kicking up the bottom (although it was murky before the pool was officially "open") BHB will lose it's charm, not to mention all the life it has now. That would break my heart.

It is definately getting crowded on weekends. Especially when the conditions are too rough for boats to go out, and high tide is in the afternoon.

I sometimes miss the old days when not more than a handful of people even knew about the bridge.

But on the other hand I have met some good firends from diving the bridge.

My husband and I were there Sat and met Scuba Jenny...Hi!...

It was very crowded with divers. More than I have ever seen. I'm concerned that, above the cert classes and PDV's kicking up the bottom (although it was murky before the pool was officially "open") BHB will lose it's charm, not to mention all the life it has now. That would break my heart.

:happywave:

Fishy- agree with ya.. I don't recall it being this popular even a year or so ago. Is it time to post signs about harvesting of animals there? Wouldn't hurt.. even those that don't dive that think it would be cool to put that seahorse in a 1 gal aquarium for their kid.. not that it's never happened...:shakehead:

There is a sign near the west span just south of the fishing bridge. More signage wouldn't hurt though. That being said there are plenty of people that lack basic respect and would simply ignore the sign to put the seahorse in their aquarium.

My theory is that the economy makes the bridge more attractive as well. There has been a few days we have elected to do the bridge rather than a boat dive to save $$.

Barring any crazy thunderstorms I am planning on diving there tomorrow (thurs) after work and again early sat.

I too have been there more as to save money. I dive there a lot but all over the Island and in the cos way too. Out side of the cos way there is a long wall and much to see. I was there last weekend and saw a few new things. Squid and more octopus thin usual. The viz has been good but some divers Waite to long be for getting in. As the current can be strong. Hope to see more of you there. Skeeter

CoolTech.. you moving photos?? Ya got X instead of images now in this thead. So many people will be disappointed, your photography has come a long way!
Well, the pictures are there... But, there's some funky business going on with SBs photo staging software... :confused:

Finally!

Pictures from this past weekend at BHB (Friday, Saturday and Sunday)

Washer & Dryer
junk0915091.jpg

6' round abandoned trap
junk0915093.jpg

Southern Ray
southernray0915091.jpg

Just missed the Sailfin Blenny
sailfinblenny0915093.jpg

Nudibranch
nudibranch0905162.jpg

Yellow Pipefish
pipfish0905174.jpg

Slug
slug0905174.jpg

Seahorses
seahorse09051711.jpg

seahorse0905171.jpg

seahorse0905177.jpg

seahorse09051710.jpg

seahorse0905179.jpg

Room Key
key1.jpg

Finally!

Pictures from this past weekend at BHB (Friday, Saturday and Sunday)

Just missed the Sailfin Blenny
sailfinblenny0915093.jpg

Nudibranch
nudibranch0905162.jpg

Yellow Pipefish
pipfish0905174.jpg

Slug
slug0905174.jpg

Seahorses
seahorse09051711.jpg

seahorse0905171.jpg

seahorse0905177.jpg

seahorse09051710.jpg

seahorse0905179.jpg

Room Key
key1.jpg

Sailfins are tough. You have to sit ands wait, and then they move fast. I have many a cut off or blurred shot of them.

The nudi is a Flabellina dushia

The slug is a Hypselodoris ruthea

Cool pipe fish. Never seen a yellow one.

Nice composition on the sea horse shots.

Uh oh. Someones sleeping in the hotel hallway. :D

Fantastic pics! I love, love, love the juv trunk fish. I've been looking for one for a while now, but haven't been lucky. Hope the weather cooperates soon....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom