The cost of PADI certification in your area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver's Supply in Macon, GA
About $50-60 for books
$99 for Confined Portion (2 days of pool diving and classroom)
Then you have the trip for the Open Water portion.. I you travel with D/S, it's about $225. If you drive yourself and get your own lodgings, it's about $125.00

Of course you need to have mask, fins, snorkel, wieghts and weight belt.
NITROX is $125.

Located on Bronx/Westchester border here in New York.
ow course-$250.covers academic sessions/pool
training materials $56. I think the dvd is $30(if the student wishes to return it they will get a store credit)
ow training dives $150.- covers the 4 dives on a boat
plus whatever you may have to rent.
required to have personal gear of mask/fins/snkl/weightbelt-weights..

the following is from our local dive shop:

Open Water $199.00 Includes all materials, rental equipment and unlimited use of pool.
$20.00 deposit on DVD; refundable upon return

In Manitoba it cost me $450.00 (Canadian) for the OW. This was for everything (books, pool time, equipment including wetsuit) up to and including the OW tests.

In Denver, CO at the LDS I used the costs are as follows:

$150 ~ Class and Pool. Includes use of personal gear.
$95 ~ Materials, and DVD. Save $25, and SKIP the DVD, but the LDS says it's required.
$150~$200 CO dives. This depends upon where you go. A $150 fee applies to tropical CO diving going with the LDS travel agency on top of ALL diving fees. $150 fee is also for local CO dives (assuming you CAN CO locally as it's seasonal). $185 for the BH, and $200 for the Crater.

So the barebones cost is: $395. Now, add in Tax, Rental gear (personal items for CO dives if you don't own/buy them). If you CO during the winter add in travel expenses, and potentially entrance fees to the most expensive option, Crater at $22. By the time it's all said and done, many if not most divers will spend $1000 to get certified, and purchase Personal Equipment.

Loss leader my tail! :mooner: If the LDS is NOT making money, I'll eat my undies!

2 years ago my LDS had a "special" price of $250 for OW certification if we signed up in February. It included all classroom materials, pool time, open water dives & equipment rental. We only needed to provide mask, fins & snorkel.

diveman7683:
My LDS charges 350CAD and that includes:
books
6 class
6 pool
4 OW dives
equipment use
Pretty much the same in Edmonton

$270 for class/pool/ow dives/equipment/C-Card
$70 for PADI manual

$169 - classes/pool/equipment/materials
$129 - O/W dives/equipment

$298 all in

I got certified through my dive club. This year the course is $375 and includes instruction, books, pool time for the confined water dives, equipment (bc, tank, regs) as well as the OW checkout dives and the C-card. Wetsuit rental was not included. We also had to have our own personal gear (mask, fins, snorkel, weight belt, weights, boots, hood, gloves)

Back
Top Bottom