The Devils Den - I'm GOING again!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boats

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
WOW!

This was a freaking awesome dive! I Dive and I hit this place, and had a great time! SOME serious big catfish! And, I Dive did a great job in controlling the "overhang" factor! :D

GOOD vis, though my dive light took a dump.

I can't wait to get back up there! IF you haven't dove this site, its worth the drive!

SO saying, I know Scuba West is running a trip to the Devils Den on Sunday, September 7th.

I'm planning on making the trip! If you've not been there, or would like to go again, this would be a great opportunity.

I don't know all of the details, but here's the number to the shop: 727.863.6911. If you call, let 'em know you got the info from ScubaBoard!

I also enjoyed the atmosphere of the place. Very relaxing, great way to spend the day. Has anyone done a night dive there?

- Boats

Sorry I missed both of these trips but I am glad you to had a great time. I was really looking fwd to Devils Den and should be up to diving soon. I got ZERO dives in this we.

The Den does rock.

We were half-way there, and decided to do Paradise yesterday.

Paradise is decent, but the wife and I enjoyed the Den much more.

Last edited:
I think I'll bow out of the next one so you guys can dive the entire thing without my "overhang restriction"! If the Gulf clears up by the weekend I want to try sucking some salt but it's too early to say.

I'd like to do a Gulf dive on Saturday I Dive, let me know your thoughts! Keep me updated by PM if ya can!

- Boats

WOW!

SO saying, I know Scuba West is running a trip to the Devils Den on Sunday, September 7th.

I'm planning on making the trip! If you've not been there, or would like to go again, this would be a great opportunity.

- Boats

I will probably join you at Scuba West if the weather permits. Hanna is looking more like it might come in on FL coast parallel to Diver's Den so it's kinda' iffy. See what happens in a few days.

Bruce

The Den does rock.

We were half-way there, and decided to do Paradise yesterday.

Paradise is decent, but the wife and I enjoyed the Den much more.

Was that your first time at paradise? I live right around the corner from Paradise and find it to be a phenomenal dive and always go there to work with new equipment since I know it so well...

I think the Den is pretty neat the first couple of dives, but I like Paradise much more =)~

P.S. Vis may have been shot at Paradise, when I was sunday there a group of O/W diver's dropped down to the bottom and put the vis at about 3-5 ft... Looked like skim milk, and for those of you who know paradise... That is very unusual for vis to be that bad!

-Tony

Todd,

Did you get any details from Scuba West on this trip yet?

I am tentatively supposed to finish my AOW/Nitrox this Sunday, but this has not been confirmed. I am interested in Devils Den - if not this Sunday, then sometime in the near future

Sean

Todd,

Did you get any details from Scuba West on this trip yet?

Sean

I emailed Scuba West but haven't heard back .... their calendar on the website doesn't say much other than it's a car pool at 8am....no price shown.

Website text:
"Join us for a dive at Devil's Den. We will meet at 8:00 am at Scuba West and carpool to Williston Florida.
Two dives are planned. Please bring a picnic lunch.
Call 727.863.6911 for details."

Bruce

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom