The DIR hose length note

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Green_Manelishi:
Nor does it make sense to have two (or more) different ways of using your hose based on the presence or absence of a light.

I have a better solution....

Always dive with the light. :wink: It is immensely useful for communication with your buddy even in broad daylight.

Well, being DIR does not require a can light, and your opinion of DIR guidelines doesn't change them.

There's your flame :p

It's not actually required but it is good to have on all dives. Just watch the new DIR DVDS and GI himself mentions using the knife sheeth as an alternative for tucking the chord. btw, I don't take my light in the pool when we have class, but I'd like to think I'm still diving DIR. I tuck the hose in my waistband when I don't have the light on me.

artw:
IMO a can light is part of required gear to be DIR. the knife goes on the left, the can light on the right, and the hose goes under the can. Period. Full Stop. you will never not need your canister light.

*puts flame suit on*

Soggy:
I have a better solution....

Always dive with the light. :wink: It is immensely useful for communication with your buddy even in broad daylight.

Fine.

Whenever I am about to dive at Nubble (rocks) and risk a fall onto an expensive light, send me your light. I'll risk breaking it 'cuz it ain't mine :wink:

If I am recovering lobster traps I don't need a light, and the lighthead/cord will just be in my way so I will use the PVC.

Oh, but wait .. perhaps recovering lobster traps is not DIR.
Hmmmmmmm ... perhaps there is an environment that does not lend itself to DIR.

Oh, HERESY !!!

G_M

Dan Gibson:
using the knife sheath as an alternative for tucking the chord.

Such a cute little knife all those DIR guys carry. Regrettably I've not found a lobster trap fouled in cave line :eyebrow:

Soggy:
That's why I carry EMT scissors instead of that dumb knife. You can cut through a penny with them.

Why would you need to cut through a penny? :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom