Question The G260, C370

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBadger32

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So, as someone diving tropics and quarries, at around 60F (15C), i was wondering if i should really go for the MK17/G260. I was looking at both the G260, and the C370. I also see the differences in the MK17 and the MK11 first stages, but i dont think the difference is really enough of a deal there, what im worried about is the G260 v the C370. anyone dove with these, just want to make sure im getting whats best suited for me, willing to answer more diver specific questions if theyre asked.

Overall they're both great choices. The mk17 is a fantastic first stage.

I would swing towards the G260 personally because of the traditional, simplistic design internally. Its proven to work time and time again. I also own one and it has been absolutely fantastic for me.

The C370 has a cool internal design but personally I think too many plastic pieces which can crack if not handled well by a technician. Honestly it is a bit underrated and has a great supply of air. There will be others on the forum which will argue for it.

I am partial to the metal internals but an argument can be made for the plastic internals.

I like them both, either way is a win for everyday use unless someone has particular requirements.
The MK11 with C370 would be my choice if most diving involved travel and having to lug gear around. My wife prefers the lighter feel and size of the C370 over G260.
I would choose G260 with either MK17 or MK11 for mostly local diving, if limited to the above choices.

I have been using the MK17/C370 in my dive school's training/rental equipment fleet for at least two years now without any issues. The performance is great.

Another thing not mentioned so far: c370 is quite smaller and lighter compared to g260.
To be totally frank I only have G250 but I think G260 should be very similar in overall dimensions/weight.
In particular apart from the extra volume I can feel the extra weight of the G250 on my jaws and when diving without a hood (in warm water) the G250's exhaust tee is touching my chin irritating my skin during the dive. Between the two I would choose c370 hands down.

I like them both, either way is a win for everyday use unless someone has particular requirements.
The MK11 with C370 would be my choice if most diving involved travel and having to lug gear around. My wife prefers the lighter feel and size of the C370 over G260.
I would choose G260 with either MK17 or MK11 for mostly local diving, if limited to the above choices.
picked the mk17/g260!

Can't come up with a reason to get a 260.... I've probably got a dozen or more 250 variants.... C370 hasn't gotten wet. Pandemic shut me down for diving....

Can't come up with a reason to get a 260.... I've probably got a dozen or more 250 variants.... C370 hasn't gotten wet. Pandemic shut me down for diving....
personally, i had a probably 2 hour talk with my local technician and after weighing the options, the g260 is more for my style.

Back
Top Bottom