Question The G260, C370

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another thing not mentioned so far: c370 is quite smaller and lighter compared to g260.
To be totally frank I only have G250 but I think G260 should be very similar in overall dimensions/weight.
In particular apart from the extra volume I can feel the extra weight of the G250 on my jaws and when diving without a hood (in warm water) the G250's exhaust tee is touching my chin irritating my skin during the dive. Between the two I would choose c370 hands down.
The G260 is a bit smaller than the 250, I find it quite light in the mouth when underwater. Good balance between size, responsiveness, and weight. I think the exhaust tee was redesigned; I don't notice it on my chin. Will take note next dive, maybe I'm just used to it?

Nice, what sold you on your choice?
it was definitely the more metal, because my eyesight is bad without glasses, and i just wanted to protect my gear more.

happy to announce i just purchased the Mk19EVO/G260!

Congratulations!!! I wish you many decades of safe, happy, enjoyable and awesome diving with incredible visibility and even more incredible marine life!!

(I just received mine too with a S270 octo. I just took them out of the box few minutes ago. I can't wait to dive them extensively in the coming couple of weeks. :) )

Overall they're both great choices. The mk17 is a fantastic first stage.

I would swing towards the G260 personally because of the traditional, simplistic design internally. Its proven to work time and time again. I also own one and it has been absolutely fantastic for me.

The C370 has a cool internal design but personally I think too many plastic pieces which can crack if not handled well by a technician. Honestly it is a bit underrated and has a great supply of air. There will be others on the forum which will argue for it.

I am partial to the metal internals but an argument can be made for the plastic internals.
I tried to find out why SP is planning to stop the MK17 production this year, it has a lot of fans (not me), but couldn't get a clear answer from SP Europe Headquarter, they also don't know exact why and seem to be not too happy about that......

I tried to find out why SP is planning to stop the MK17 production this year, it has a lot of fans (not me), but couldn't get a clear answer from SP Europe Headquarter, they also don't know exact why and seem to be not too happy about that......
my bet is, they want to push the mk19.

my bet is, they want to push the mk19.

But they aren't in the same price point. That can't be, I don't think.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom