The Great local dive shop vs. online debate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have only read the last 10 pages or so, but I have to agree that if the LDS' would worry about customer service rather than the almighty dollar, the dollar would come. Customer service seems to be a lost art. When I find a shop with employees that have good personal skills and a genuine care for the customer, I patronize that shop. But it is getting increasingly hard to find those shops.

People are more likely to spend "the big bucks" when they aren't feeling like they are being screwed. Customers like personal attention. They don't want to feel like they are talking to a used car salesman just trying to make a sale (no offense to any used car salesmen on here). It is the small things like addressing them by their name and remembering their name if they return a few times. Making customers wait without acknowledging their presence gets under my skin too. If you are a manager or owner, a little interaction with you is always good as well. That makes that person feel like they are important to you. Most people don't mind paying a little more if they think of you as a friend (even if you don't give a rat's ***** about them, perception is key). Shop owners - your shops are here for US, we are not here for YOU. WE spend money with YOU and pay YOUR bills, remember that. When shop owners get off their "high horse" and visit with us common folk, they will get much more business.

<end rant>

Oh, I feel better already...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom