Votes: 2 3.8%
  • baby shampoo

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • other

Votes: 16 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tend to breathe thru my nose too much and have always had fogging issues. Then a girl on a dive trip let me try some of her 500 PSI. I haven't had a fogging problem since. I've let friends use it and it always works for them as well.

But does the low profile aspect of a mask make it harder to keep clear of fog?, as suggested in the first post?

I'm looking to replace my old "non-pro" snorkling mask (which by the way never fogs up and works great) with a better one and would appreciate the increased visibility, but don't want to have problems.

Your method is more important than what you use.

Start with a dry mask. Apply a small amount of any type of soap (baby shampoo, dish soap, soft soap - doesn't really matter, but don't water it down). Next let it sit for several hours, overnight is good. You want the soap to dry in the mask. Rinse it just before getting into the water.

Oh yes! Defog!
Now that I am fun diving again I have to deal with mask fogging.

My working dives were nearly all in zero vis so fog was not a problem. :D

I am with Walter, technique is more important then product. I like commercial defoggers over simple spit simply because of the reduced mess. I also sometimes am short of spit right at the time I need to do my mask.:wink:

I think that leaving soap on it all night will work but its a little overkill unless its a new mask. I use Sea Drops or Sea Gold and a wet mask doesnt really matter all that much. Usually if my mask is already wet i mix a little spit in with the sea drops and that works great.

For a new mask I will scrub the lens down twice with toothpaste. After that spit is the defog of choice. Works great but I don't recommend it right after eating doritos.

I use Sea Drops, put in mask, wait about five minutes, rinse,
good for a couple dives. It helps to splash water on your face
to cool it, moisture in warm air " inside mask " will condence on a cold surface " lens " like a glass of ice tea in warm air.

TRIG
:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom