The great travel BC topic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've seen previous posts where people loved the Cressi Aqualight BC. It weighs virtually nothing and is very flexible to pack. I use the Cressi AquaPro as my everyday BC and love the feel. The AquaPro is slightly more substantial than the Aqualight but offers weight integration.

Cressi Aqualight would be my choice for an affordable travel BC.

It appears that the bc's already suggested are good choices, but I thought I would add two more to the ever-growing list: Seaquest Balance and Mares Jubilee. Both back-inflated and are pretty lightweight. I bought a Balance a couple of months ago and love it.

Phil

You may also want to take a look at Mares' Morphos BC. I use one to travel and it packs into it's own travel cocoon. Measures 1' by 2' when packed and weighs about 10 lbs.

The cocoon wings are rolled into the back of the BC when in use. It has both back inflation, but also two small side panels, which give you an armchair feeling when on the surface.

It has two oversized pockets and doesn't squeeze when inflated, as it inflates away from the body. However, it does have the new pneumatic inflation system that eliminates the hose and some people are uncomfortable with this. I happen to love it.

Take a look, I am pleased with mine for tropics diving.

Enjoy the ride!
:mean:

It's compact, lightweight, back inflate and weight integrated. It also has rear trim pockets. However, there is only one gear pocket. It folds up underneath the right side weight pocket and holds in place with velcro. Then you just pull it down if and when you need it.

This bc works great for travel and warm water, unless you like to carry lots of stuff in your pockets.

I love mine. It's small, streamlined, easy to pack and when you decide you want to dive in colder water you can add on a higher capacity wing. You can also attach trim weights to it to get a little lead off of your hips.

If you buy it from leisurepro you will spend less than $400.

Or, if you want my old size ML harness (I moved over to a size S) send me a private message and we can haggle.

Before the Transpac I had a Seaquest Libra, a back inflate BC designed for women. It was fine as a compact travel BC. I chose to move to the Transpac because I started diving in the Northeast and needed more lift than the Libra oferred. If you're wife is sure that she's only interested in diving I would have no hesitation about recommending the Libra to her.

We just got back from a trip using the above and they were superb.

Flawless operation
Great trim (back inflate with back pockets and integrated weight)
Very comfortable
Low profile
Packs easily

We really did not find anything we did not like about them.

The Balance is the most comfortable vs. trim features suggested here.

I have 5 BC's (don't ask me why) and I take my Balance when I travel to the tropics.

If you're only wearing a skin or going onto a bareback- it's by far the most comfortable- better than Dive-Rite (have one) or the Zeagle (had one).

shep
PADI MSDT

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom