The lovely topic of Tanks.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you two referring to volume equivalant or rated Cuft equivalant?

Im a larger person, so I dont mind LP 121's, however i am under no illusion that everyone elses back can handle that load.
I mean the way a lp104 is pretty much the same as a hp130. Lp95 to hp119, that kinda thing

If I had unlimited monies, I'd replace all my LP steel tanks with the 3442 equivalents. MOST of the shops I go to will "properly" fill a LP tank to 3600, but every once in a while I need a fill elsewhere and the shop won't fill past 2640. Pain in the ass.

Ah yes ... tech fills. We used to dive LP tanks with a "proper" fill ... our dive plan went something like "when your tanks reach fill pressure it's time to turn the dive". My tech instructor and dive buddy had his own fill station, though ...

IMG_3350.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I mean the way a lp104 is pretty much the same as a hp130. Lp95 to hp119, that kinda thing

That being said, if weight and drag were not an issue for you, would you prefer to own hp120s or an LP121s?

Depends on the dive. I'd rather have lp120s on a big cave dive and the hp120s in the ocean. They're wildly different tanks even though the number is "120"

agreed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom