THE MEG - Official Trailer #1 [HD]

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pretty much. It's like in the movie The Shallows where a big white shark totally ignores a whale carcass to go after Blake Lively and some surfers. In reality the white shark would probably gorge itself into a stupor on the whale and not give a damn about the surfers.

Given the choice between tons of rotting flesh and Blake Lively who would you rather go for?

Whale blubber is incredibly energy rich. Blake Lively, while sweet, would not provide any where near caloric burst of a giant mouthful of whale carcass.

The Life Aquatic with Zissou, was probably th best shark movie.

Well, I just got back from seeing “The Meg” with Jason Statham, and from the ads, “Chomp on this”, I knew it was going to be peppered with humor.
I had not read the book, but for reality, it is hard to believe that a hidden reservoir of prehistoric, huge life forms are surviving in a thermal trap in the Marianis trench, or that given the huge hunting range needed by such a predator, you would happen on one within minutes of arriving there. I happily chucked realism out the window to enjoy the neat underwater habitat, the cool underwater vehicles, the critters(!), and general fun of getting to see lots of uderwater action, plus silly fun of seeing the perilous situations that sometimes end ok, and sometimes not, but keep escalating as the show goes on. They don’t bother explaining what type of SCUBA gear they are using, but I would love to hear people’s opinion of technology.
Why did Jason Stathom’s character get a nose bleed descending?
Why did the plexiglass sharkcage have a single opening when The Meg could come from any direction!!
Why did the yap-dog jump off the boat? I have a dog, they would not do that if scared!

Not a fan, but I am sure my kids will love it

Going to see it tomorrow. Not excepting much but it looks better than most shark movies out there that’s for sure!

There no sharks in the Great Lakes! See my siggy! :D

I won’t be going to see this movie. I’ve not been able to watch the original Jaws all the way through, either.

Another one in the same genre...47 Meters Down popped into my Netflix queue. I was like "nope," lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom