The Mega Store Movie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All I can say is "WOW!!" The place looks great - just 11 more days and I can check it out for myself! :D

Yep, that's the escalator cart. Very cool. The Mega is wonderful. Bright, clean, well stocked. Sue

While I was in Cozumel for a recent dive trip, I shot a 2-minute video of the new Mega Store. It includes a clip of the "famous" cart escalator, and is located here:

YouTube - Mega Store In Cozumel .

Wow. It reminds me of Whole Foods here in Austin. They have the same sort of carts and escalators.

Gordon, Is this Whole Foods you mention the new one in Austin proper?

MEGA...my home away from home :) hehe!

It's funny what a new grocery store will do for those that live here. I can now actually make a grocery list and find everything on my list at Mega and then some...no more of this having to go to three stores to get a short list of items! So far they haven't been out of stock on anything I need (not for more than a day or two anyway...and that was due to the car ferry being closed for bad weather) and the produce department always has what I want, including stuff I've NEVER seen elsewhere (okra, brussel sprouts, snow peas, organic veggies, FRESH berries, etc.) Cooking healthy is now EASY here!

Just an FYI...you can get a cart upstairs in the store if you don't want to or forget to get one downstairs...there's a cart "bin" at each end of the cashier line as well as the one downstairs.

Cool~! :thumb:

Great, you got it. Nice. :D

Last edited:
Gordon, Is this Whole Foods you mention the new one in Austin proper?

Well I'm not Gordon, but yes, that headquarter of Whole Foods downtown that opened back in 2005 has the cart escalators. The cart escalator was a big wow factor when it first opened, along with the shear size of the place and all the extras they added to make the place kind of an over the top shopping experience.

Well I'm not Gordon, but yes, that headquarter of Whole Foods downtown that opened back in 2005 has the cart escalators. The cart escalator was a big wow factor when it first opened, along with the shear size of the place and all the extras they added to make the place kind of an over the top shopping experience.

I just must get out more, my goodness ! Well, thank goodness for the Mega in Cozumel or I would have never known the pleasure of an escalator cart, even though one is basically in my backyard. Regardless, the MEGA is fanstastic and it's really good to know that carts can be had upstairs because the last time we were there we missed it and had to make a round trip. Thanks Kat and Christi

do They sell milk there? i have looked at chedui and all we found was evaporated milk and small containers of nestle chocolate milk and cans of condensed milk. what about whole milk or low fat ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom