The most dangerous thing in the water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The most dangerous thing in the water (HANDS DOWN) is ignorant boat and/or Jet Ski drivers who think that a dive flag is a slalom pole.

The most dangerous thing in the water (HANDS DOWN) is ignorant boat and/or Jet Ski drivers who think that a dive flag is a slalom pole.

Too bad there is not a concealed weapon permit for divers and the right to shoot dangerous boaters on sight!

The most dangerous thing in the water is panic.

The most dangerous thing in the water is panic.

Agreed Rick! Add to that an arrogant, smartazz, know-it-all insta-buddy.

Did you get to pick your buddy, or just fate?

The last shop I briefly worked for did not even attempt to service a piece of gear until it failed. I quit very quickly

The most dangerous thing in the water is a diver with poor judgement.

Id have to say jumping in BC water with your drysuit relief zipper open, then getting the zipper snagged on your undergarmet. This usually leads to some cussing and other non pc words being muttered.

Guess what I triple check now before I hit the water!

I agree with everyone. Here are my first three rental gear experiences (other than my training)
1. A leaking first stage (lost some of my air, how much, I do not know)
2. leaking second stage - stomach full of salt water
3. Depth guage did not work.

This is why I am buying my own geat this week!!!

NOPE....... It was bought from my instructor himself.... And I still use that gear today!

Many times I have been advised to never let go of this Rig, It is some of the VERY best!!

Tech Gear from Barry himself.:wink:

What class were you taking???..................

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom