The NACD Safety Day is April 9, 2011, and we need your input.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NACD

Reaction score
The NACD will be hosting a Safety Day at Ginnie Springs Outdoors on April 9, 2011, from 10AM to 4PM. The cost will be $25 and includes lunch. If you register by March 30, a T-shirt will be included. Registration information will be posted later on the NACD website (National Association For Cave Diving) but I will keep you updated. In the past, the NACD has fielded questions from the participants and then had some informal discussions. Additionally, participants have had the chance to dive with an instructor at the end of the day and practice any skills that you wish as they can this year too.

This year, we would like to do something different and present a fun and lively discussion about "real-life" incidents occurring in the overhead environment that involved your equipment. We would like to center the presentation on different participants discussing a single event involving an equipment malfunction that turned out to be your absolute worst nightmare. In order to keep the presentation meaningful and on-target, we plan to facilitate the discussion as well as ask for a description of the event that you would like to discuss. We would like to include about 10-20 "stories."

In order for us to have an assortment of different equipment types, we would ask that any interested Safety Day participants put together a short summary of what happened such as:
• what was the specific piece of equipment,
• the events leading up to the malfunction,
• what actually happened when the gear went gunny bag,
• the applied remedy, and most importantly,
• what was learned as a result.
Please include only events about "modern day" gear, as in the gear we are currently diving with. Whether you are a Cavern or Cave Diver, whether you dive back mount or side mount, or whether you dive open or closed circuit, let us know about your experiences. We become a better informed and safer community of cave divers through the sharing and learning about things like this, so PLEASE consider contributing!

Please send your summaries to Debra Green, the NACD Operations Manager at manager@safecavediving.com. I have already sent Debra my incident report. If you have one, I hope you will do the same.

Sandy Robinson
pr@safecavediving.com

Hi all,

We're starting a new social tradition to kick start the NACD's Safety Day - a 'Meet and Greet' at the Great Outdoors outside patio in High Springs, Friday night, April 8th, starting at 7 pm until.... Come for dinner and/or drinks, and most importantly, to make or renew friendships.

7PM - Friday, April 8th
High Springs, Florida
Great Outdoors Restaurant - Outside Patio

3rd Annual Safety Day
Ginnie Springs
April 9, 2011 - 10AM - 4PM

Go directly to NACD Online Store to sign-up - $25.00. Free t-shirt for anyone who pre-registers by March 30th. Hope to see you on both days. Also, Debra is still looking for more stories if you have one to share that may help someone.

Sandy Robinson
pr@safecavediving.com

I wish I could come. Have fun for me. Most of all, keep it safe.

Thanks Jeremy, perhaps we will see you next time.

Sandy

Just a reminder that you can still register for the Safety workshop on April 9. Register today, and you can still get a t-shirt. Also, for those of you in the area on Friday night, join us for dinner or refreshments at the Great Outdoors Restaurant in High Springs. Finally, if you have a story that you wish to contribute, forward it to Debra Green, manager@safecavediving.com.

Sandy Robinson
pr@safecavediving.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom