The new Freedom Contour - The Rolex of backplates.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BTW - these too provide an option:

Why would you recommend a STA when it is easier just to purchase a wing that works with the Freedom Plate?

There are plenty of wings that will work with the FP. I am surprised no one has tried the Deep Six wing, with its wide slots and removable tank alignment pad it seems to be ideal.

As said before, the Argonaut Dive wing works with VDH Plate and OxyCheq "dogbone". I'm more than satisfied! :thumb:

It is great you are satisfied, however this thread is about the Freedom Plate not the Argonaut wing, VDH Plate or Oxycheq plate.

[QUOTE="ams511,
It is great you are satisfied, however this thread is about the Freedom Plate not the Argonaut wing[/QUOTE]

Agreed and earlier I tried to steer the thread back on course but since Ed has mentioned it several times I thought it was important to keep the facts straight and I'll continue to do so unless he asks me to do otherwise.

@ams511 : yep, guilty! Thing is, discussions can go on tangents, and there was a discussion here re: perceived fitment issues of a specific wing that cast a shadow of doubt. Now, in this great world, someone searching on a product can end up on this page, unrelated to the topic at hand, and likely form an opinion not clearly grounded to their specific inquiry. Sorry if putting a little clarity to a side topic offends you.

Anyhow, back to the FP (and I hope Eric is okay as the news from his area is not good).

BTW - these too provide an option:

View attachment 429770

YMMV
Those won't work with my plate.
The Provided tank bracket works as a STA if needed for wings with slots that don't line up or wings with no slots. I'm making the modification to my plate for the VDH wing because it's an easy fix and it may help with other wings.

****Off Topic News Update****
As many of you might have heard or seen on the news, my city experienced a violent wind driven firestorm in the last 30 or so hours. I was spared (barely), but my sister and many close personal friends were not so lucky.
I'll be out of service on this thread for a few days due to much needed community service work. You guys can continue to discuss the FP but I will be absent for a few days while I tend to more important things.
And with PM's, please stop for at least a few days, maybe even until next week. I will not be answering any non emergency emails, phone calls, or pm's here until further notice.
Thank you for your understanding.

Eric

As many of you might have heard or seen on the news, my city experienced a violent wind driven firestorm in the last 30 or so hours. I was spared (barely)...

I was worried about you, thanks for the update. :yeahbaby: :cheers:

...but my sister and many close personal friends were not so lucky.

:cry:

I'll be out of service on this thread for a few days due to much needed community service work...

:thumb: We'll miss you but priorities first. Best wishes to you and yours.

My lovely bride and I had reservations at the Fountaingrove Inn for tonight. So very sad. A lot of very nice people don't have a place to work even if their homes and families were spared.

My California siblings say ash was falling in San Francisco, and there was a gray haze over in the sky.
Well, we can talk harnesses while waiting for updates.

Anyone have a parts list for Freedom Plate Hog style Harness or other style with 6lb ditchable weights? I am making 3 or more harnesses, so I want to buy resin heavy nylon webbing in bulk.

I don’t want to sew, so I will buy the crotch strap with sewn loop.

****Off Topic News Update****
As many of you might have heard or seen on the news, my city experienced a violent wind driven firestorm in the last 30 or so hours. I was spared (barely), but my sister and many close personal friends were not so lucky.
I'll be out of service on this thread for a few days due to much needed community service work. You guys can continue to discuss the FP but I will be absent for a few days while I tend to more important things.
And with PM's, please stop for at least a few days, maybe even until next week. I will not be answering any non emergency emails, phone calls, or pm's here until further notice.
Thank you for your understanding.

Eric

Sorry to hear this Eric. My prayers go out to you and everyone out in the wine country and SoCal. There is also a wild fire going on down in SoCal as well.

I had contact with Eric yesterday - he had been evacuated and was setting in his auto in a parking lot

A short time later my daughter was evacuated and was setting in the same parking lot in her classic fully restored Karman Ghia. (priorities !)

She returned do her home late Tuesday after noon, Her home was covered with ash and smelled like a huge Bar B Que.

At 9:30 Tuesday evening she was given notice winds had increased the fire potential and to be prepared to evacuate with in 15 minutes after notification-- It is now 9:45...No news of evacuation

<<<< Santa Rosa was also the home of the great underwater artist the late John Steele. He was the artist who painted so many early Skin Diver Magazines covers prior to the development of underwater photography. His last published work was of me as a 20 year old spearing a fish which was featured in the 50 anniversary edition of SDM. Lets hope his widow Carol saved some of his historic works

Also it is the home of Ron Prevelka formerly an official with the defunct dive company Dacor >>>>

Lets keep all the citizens of Santa Rosa California in our prayers

SDM

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom