The New Revolutionary Safe Diving System "Medusa"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Finneli Felwitch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My buddy Chris thought up a new rig setup which I agree, is quite possibly the safest scuba configuration ever imagined and I hope that we can make it a reality and market it to Open Water Scuba Instructors, Support Divers, and the general public who may be concerned with Doing it Right and safety. We truly believe that this will be the greatest system for any individual looking to support their fellow divers.

Chris gave it the name “Medusa”, after the gorgon medusa. The name matches the overall design.

The base setup is primarily for single tank back-mount recreational diving but can be modified for doubles or any other tank configuration; sport to tech.

The rig will support any first and second stage regulator on the market, theoretically. However, the first stage must have 4 low-pressure ports, and ideally 2 high-pressure ports for redundancy.

For each low-pressure port on the first stage, a low-pressure block with 8 3/8-inch female ports will provide support for 7 second stage regulator. The complete scuba system “Medusa” will support a total of 28 second stage regulators but can be modified for more or less.

The 2 high-pressure ports will support 3-way high-pressure splitters which can support a total of 6 submersible pressure gauges or a combination/exclusive dive computer transmitters (for those that want to use 6 wireless dive computers).

What are your thoughts on this revolutionary safe diving system, and what you think it could be used for besides what was listed above?

Now, instead of buying one computer that can handle multiple gasses, I will finally be able to use six different computers, all set to a single gas mix. I'll color code the computer to the regulator so I can do complex decompression with absolutely no risk at all.

And when diving in cold weather, I can have not one, but two, three, or more regulators free flow. Hopefully I can get this setup with quad LP inflators for my wing (you will surely market this with a quad-bladder wing, no). That way when one free flows or sticks open I'll have triple redundancy and won't have to control my buoyancy by orally inflating.

Still, I think you should up-sell a premium version that comes with a side slung spare-air.

You are having a good party I see :D

Don't forget the mask with double glass in each lens.

Instead of mounting the multiple cylinders in the back of a diver, mount them in a cradle neutrally buoyant (with a computerized bladder to adjust buoyancy according to gas consumption) and a DPV system that moves it following the multiple divers in a narguile fashion that are attached to those multiple second stages with very long hoses. This will provide, not only a buddy, but multiple buddies, increasing the buddy security factor by several orders of magnitude.
As a further development, an operator can be carried in an atmospheric chamber in the cradle, like a submarine, to ensure a further degree of security to the divers.
With mass production, a passenger chamber with windows can be added to the submarine to accommodate non-diver visitors.

Perfect! The DM can carry everyone's gas for them and drag the whole group along by their regulators. It's the next logical step in guided diving. Devil's Throat, here we come!

... it should work great for hang tanks ... especially for places like the Blue Hole in Belize, where so many divers go OOA on the ascent ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Whew... glad you didn't post pictures of it. I don't want to be turned into stone. It doesn't sound like a rig that would work well in our kelp forests here.

I guess April Fool's day comes late in Florida.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom