The passing of a legend...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Spike Milligan, the man who discovered Peter Sellars, who inspired Monty Python's FLying Circus as well as the Firesign Theater, the man who conceived the Goon Show, died today in his early eighties. So take a moment to honor the mentor of my mentors; yes, a moment to honor a man with a humor more twisted than my own. Tip a stien, a hat, a clown nose, or crack a pun. The world just got a little less funny.

In other news, the bill to mandate broad band connections to the masses was introduced today... it was named after it's sponsor, and is known as the Dingle Bill. No, I did not make that up... its actually true. funny yes, but still true. Stop looking at me like that, I really meant it. It's true!

In the "Where are they now" department, it has been disclosed that Buckwheat of Spanky and Our Gang has converted to the Muslim religion. His newly adopted name is Kareem of Wheat. (Yes, this was an actual attempt at humor).

Originally posted by NetDoc
Spike Milligan, the man who discovered Peter Sellars, who inspired Monty Python's FLying Circus as well as the Firesign Theater, the man who conceived the Goon Show, died today in his early eighties. So take a moment to honor the mentor of my mentors; yes, a moment to honor a man with a humor more twisted than my own. Tip a stien, a hat, a clown nose, or crack a pun. The world just got a little less funny....

That's sad news.... Monty Python's a fav of mine. At least now I know why your humour is so similar to my own Pete.

One of the greats!

Sorry to see him go. ;-0

~SubMariner~

And let's not forget some of the great work he did during WWII.

We are all going to have to work a little harder now to make the world a funnier place.

So, a horse, a wino, and a free diver walk into a bar.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom