the pier of Dumaguete

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bearteacher.tw:
I heard Atlantis is very expensive and good.
But I am a budget diver.
Is El Dorando good too?

I was at El Dorado with TheHamburger. For the price, it is very nice.
The diveguide there, Ricco, is also very good at finding critters for us.
The room is quite spacious and furnished just fine although bathroom is a little small. Food is ok and their dive operation seems solid. Never dove with Atlantis before so I can't make a real comparison but I don't think that you will be disappointed. Their staffs are very friendly.

Lunch on Apo Bad???????????? I don' think so, I stayed at Liberty's for five days and the food was fantastic. If you are on a budget I suggest staying on Apo Island. Prices seem real affordable to me. see there web site.

Loved the diving on Apo Also

www.apoisland.com

Masaplod Sanctuary has some huge turtles, and they didn't swim away on us. The sunken banca was also nice; it had a big cuttlefish and a 4 foot barracuda. The El Dorado house reef has frog fish and some of those poisonous brown fish that hide in the sand (don't remember the name) - don't put your hands down.

Jim

chipster:
Lunch on Apo Bad???????????? I don' think so, I stayed at Liberty's for five days and the food was fantastic. If you are on a budget I suggest staying on Apo Island. Prices seem real affordable to me. see there web site.

Loved the diving on Apo Also

www.apoisland.com

I don't recall where we ate exactly on Apo but basically after the first dive, we docked at the island and went to a resort there to order lunch then went out to 2nd dive, came back after the second dive and food was waiting for us. The food was still warm so that was not the problem. There were 4 of us and none of the stuffs we ordered were particularly good. could have beeen that we all ordered wrong stuffs. At least, for my own taste, I found food at El Dorado significantly better than what I ordered on Apo.

Looking at Liberty' site, I think it was however a different resort. All I remember was, from the front beach where most boats dock, we walked to the left, through a little hole in a rock wall to a small beach where the resort's restuarant is. Don't remember the name though.

A friend I recommended Atlantis-Dumaguete to just informed me that UK Chris and Dutch Jasmijn have left there for the Atlantis-Puerto Galera site. I don't know who replaced them. But the food at Atlantis-Dumaguete was excellent. Jake, a guy from Brooklyn who used to be a stockbroker, trained as a Cordon Bleu chef, developed the menu there and still oversees the kitchen staff. Highly recommend the food there.

Mmmm. I do think atlantis is a bit on the high price range there... but If the stay and the dive plus the food are good, then its all worth it!! I will add my 2 cents in when I return. Happy Diving

Atlantis and El Dorado are two different types of establishment with different price structures to suit the level of investment that has gone into each place.

Atlantis is very nice.

But that doesn't mean ED is bad.

I enjoyed staying at ED but next time(if ever) I would probably stay at Atlantis.

Cheers

I stayed at Atlantis. Food for lunches, done after our second dive, at Apo, was great. Did 4 days of diving on Apo Island - probably the maximum given the sites. Area immediately off the resort is marginal - some macro stuff but lots of junk as well. Resort is nice. Has been over a year since I was there so staff may have changed. Resort is remote - not close to town. Fine by me.

One thing to note about El Dorado is that the ALL inclusive dive price is just that ALL inclusive irrespective of location or time - Atlantis will charge you extra for night dives.

I also second what SSRA says - Ricco is a fantastic dive guide.

The rate for El Dorado is REALLY good also.

Is the site Du-Co-Mi (the peir )good to dive?

Please share your experience diving in the pier.

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom