The Scuba Snobs' Guide to Diving Etiquette

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amazon sell shark products? This is terrible. And easily remedied - Buddhasummer: you should start a facebook page to gather people to complain about them. I would join such a protest page, and I am sure EVERYONE else here would too!

We know that not everyone will get our brand of humor, nor recognize the sarcasm intended. Thank you for buying and reading the book. Every review is appreciated by us and we are sure, by readers and potential readers. By the way, Debbie is in fact a sweetheart. Dennis?? He's really pretty nice, but not as sweet as Debbie, who is the the world's best dive buddy.
Divemaster Dennis scubasnobs.com

Amazon sell shark products? This is terrible. And easily remedied - Buddhasummer: you should start a facebook page to gather people to complain about them. I would join such a protest page, and I am sure EVERYONE else here would too!

Yeh if you have a wee look at the "Shark" forum there's been an on going battle with Amazon starting with their selling of Shark Fin Cake, this was removed about a month ago I believe due to overwhelming negative public opinion. They also sell Mako and Thresher shark meat both of which are on the IUCN Endangered list. I have been writing to them and posting reviews on these products I would urge you to do the same if you feel similarly. Thank you. Im in the process of organizing something on "reddit" unfortunately I don't do Facebook, but it sounds like a good idea I might have to re think that one.

There is a good length exerpt from this book in the current issue of Undercurrent, a fine on-line dive magazine (undercurrent.org). Read a few paragraphs in the November issue, and perhaps follow their suggestion of picking up a few copies , at scubasnobs.com or amazon or barnes and noble, in paperback or ebook.

Hi Divemaster Dennis.

As an Undercurrent dive magazine subscriber, I just read the excerpts from your great book "Scuba Snobs' Guide to Dive Etiquette". Excellent! You and Debbie so adequately penned what many of us know and have observed as we dive the oceans of the world and try to enjoy our favorite dive sites, or try new ones. This is quite difficult to do at times when there are many divers who have NOT A CLUE about simple common sense, let alone respect for other divers and the delicate underwater environment.

Anyway, great job and I am going to look for your book on Amazon to see if I can get it on my Kindle.

Every liveaboard and dive shop should offer your book when divers book trips and underwater outings. Good stuff!

Thank you and Debbie for your contribution and safe diving...

This book is also available on amazon canada (amazon.ca) and amazon united kingdom (amazon.co.uk), in case you did not know. So for all of our international friends here on the board, you can get it easily.

The authors were on Scubaradio each Saturday from November 26 through December 17 (upcoming this week), at the start of hour #2, talking dive etiquette, sort of, at the beginning of the second hour of the show. You can listen to past shows at scubaradio.com, and stream the show live from 3 to 5 pm Eastern time at that same website. Those of you who listen to scuba radio will not be surprised that the puking, peeing and other similar aspects of the book are front and center, but there is other stuff too. Sort of. A little bit. Listen if you dare.
DivemasterDennis

Since water's too cold for me to dive this time of year, and not willing to fight any mobs shopping on Christmas Eve, I was on SB and started reading the thread. Purchased the ebook, and just finished it. You are both good writers, the book is entertaining. I love the dive stories especially about the 60 year old woman lol. I would love to read more so looking forward to your next. I found that I'm not quite a scuba snob yet so there are a few things I will work on :))

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom