The SDA troubleshooting/failure thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tested the unit this week, worked great for 6 dives on the 7th dive, it was reading a few feet shallow compared to my reference computer. It surfaced normally, was a bit low on power (25%) and turned off normally. The dive was to 35 feet for 60 minutes. when I got back to the room and reached for the computer to charge it, the sda was on reading 860 feet as the current depth, with a deco obligation of 28 minutes at 300 feet.
I give up on this piece of junk.

I was wondering if you could try one more thing: remove the resin, unsolder and resolder the battery wire. The thing is that computer is always reading pressure and the sensor has an initialisation procedure. I suspect in some case, some battery issue might corrupt the procedure and lead to wrong measurement. That can be temperature or depth. I know one user that had this problem prior his UEMIS die from battery failure.

We have found that the batteries in the SDA's do corrupt the information, including faulty dates, times ,inability to make changes to logbooks etc.So far we have brought back a couple computers to full function by removing the resin ,adding new LIPO charging control boards as well as batteries.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom