The Shearwater Teric Announced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lot’s of sites have them on order but DGX will actually have a batch arriving on Monday - order while they last and you could have one mid next week.

DRIS actually has some but I bet they’re going right out the door.

I’ll stick with my 5 month old Perdix.

DRIS actually has some but I bet they’re going right out the door.

I’ll stick with my 5 month old Perdix.
Absolutely nothing wrong with the Perdix and I'm keeping mine as a backup! They will even be updating the Perdix firmware with Teric features at some point. But I do like my new Teric - the screen is amazing and the form factor is great too. I'm looking forward to diving with it in Grand Cayman in less than 2 weeks!

“Ascetically”. You sure about that?
aesthetically? better???
3 week old post your quoting over a spelling mistake? who does that? God I hope my life never gets so bad it comes down to quoting old posts over spelling errors.
go out and dive, or go get a woman, or get a life

Any UK suppliers out there that have some in stock? Or Shearwater - fancy selling direct to your desperate customers??
Ring Narked at 90. They are the Shearwater importer. It is were you send stuff if it needs attention. They are absolutely excellent. John, the boss, recently spent 40 minutes on the phone with me to explain which of several options I should buy for my use case. The thing I was buying was only £100 but he still made sure I got what I needed. I broke a HUD recently in a place google maps calls ‘North Atlantic’ and Narked had me a new one before I got home.

aesthetically? better???
3 week old post your quoting over a spelling mistake? who does that? God I hope my life never gets so bad it comes down to quoting old posts over spelling errors.
go out and dive, or go get a woman, or get a life

Ascetically is just such a great word.

a person who dedicates his or her life to a pursuit of contemplative ideals and practices extreme self-denial or self-mortification for religious reasons. a person who leads an austerely simple life, especially one who abstains from the normal pleasures of life or denies himself or herself material satisfaction.
Ascetically | Define Ascetically at Dictionary.com
www.dictionary.com/browse/ascetically

Don't they spec 30 hours of dive time on a charge? Isn't that the same as a Perdix with an alkaline AA battery?

But I wouldn't be wearing my Pedrix as a watch or expecting watch type characteristics out of it. That short of battery life for a "watch" type device for me is a non-starter. Love my Petrel1 and PedrixAI.......

But I wouldn't be wearing my Pedrix as a watch or expecting watch type characteristics out of it. That short of battery life for a "watch" type device for me is a non-starter. Love my Petrel1 and PedrixAI.......
That 's your call (and your loss) - it appears you can get 30-50 hours of diving and then get a 100% charge in 1.5 hours.

Even on a liveaboard, you have power/charging stations and it's quite easy to carry a USB power brick (quite inexpensive these days):

Amazon.com: Portable Charger RAVPower 26800 Battery Packs 26800mAh Total 5.5A Output 3-Port Power Bank (2A Input, iSmart 2.0 USB Power Pack) Portable Battery Charger for iPhone, iPad, and other Smart Devices: Cell Phones & Accessories

Given that, I don't see how battery life on the Teric should really be an issue for anyone unless you are in a really remote area with no access to power for long periods? But,also, to each his (or her) own...

Back
Top Bottom