The Shearwater Teric Announced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you ever used a computer with four buttons?
I have not and have never felt a need - what does it help you do better than the 2 button interface? I am curious as I know my Buddy's 4 button Zoop is less intuitive and more "cumbersome" (relatively speaking) to operate than my Perdix. I suspect Shearwater's 4 button interface will be better though.

Yes, you can leave only haptic alarms. Many of us around here relate to your comments about audible alarms. You can turn the beeping off and leave the vibration only.
Great - Thanks!

But do they make a trendy silicone protector for it yet?

I forgot my computer at home last week and my buddy had a spare Zoop he let me borrow. First time ever seeing one, let alone using it. I thought that computer was terrible, despite having four buttons. I highly doubt the Teric will operate like that Zoop.

I'd try it first before discrediting it's utility. I think you'll find it to be incredible intuitive. At least mine is... far more than any other computer I've put my hands on.

push, push, push, push, push, push, crap!
push..., push..., push..., push... push... finally!
Ok - that makes sense - thanks for answering why! I've never found that to be a huge deal, but that would make it even better.

I forgot my computer at home last week and my buddy had a spare Zoop he let me borrow. First time ever seeing one, let alone using it. I thought that computer was terrible, despite having four buttons. I highly doubt the Teric will operate like that Zoop.

I'd try it first before discrediting it's utility. I think you'll find it to be incredible intuitive. At least mine is... far more than any other computer I've put my hands on.
I didn't discredit anything - I merely questioned your upgrade statement as you provided no rationale to support it. In the meantime, others here provided at least one benefit which sounds good.

Looks like a cool product.

I just hope we’re not seeing shearwater’s migration away from user replaceable batteries.

Interesting that it has an AMOLED screen but still has a light button? I wonder what lighting that is controlling?
i-PLDjKGF.png

I have not and have never felt a need - what does it help you do better than the 2 button interface? I am curious as I know my Buddy's 4 button Zoop is less intuitive and more "cumbersome" (relatively speaking) to operate than my Perdix. I suspect Shearwater's 4 button interface will be better though.

Totally agree. I have the Zoop and the Perdix. The Zoop is impossible to navigate without doing everyday. The Perdix is a dream to navigate compared to the Zoop. I have big hopes for the four button model.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom